Saturday, March 31, 2012

Banana Coconut Blueberry Cherry Bread Recipe

When my son Chad called me and said "mom we got to make a fruit filled tropical style quick bread with everything we both like in it" I said ok what did you have in mind. He just loves blueberries in everything. He said " let's make your banana bread recipe with both our favorites in them, you love coconut and cherries and I love banana's and blueberries.
 So that's how this one was created.
 Here is Chad's adapted tropical banana, coconut, blueberry bread .
Chad is the dessert lover in the family and this was a great change in the recipe for the best everyday banana bread!  Check out his Facebook page as he posts many photo's there click here


He was pretty darn happy how it turned out!


Mix together:
2 1/2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
In another bowl beat well:
1 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cup mashed banana's
1 cup blueberries
1/4 cup chopped  drained maraschino cherries
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
4 eggs
optional: 1 cup walnuts
He was very happy the recipe was very easy to make.. ok ladies yes he is single! But be careful mama protects her baby!  (Smiles)
Adapting from mom's original banana bread recipe.


Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix till all are incorporated. Pour into two well greased loaf pans or make muffins. Bake ar 350 for 45 to 60 minutes or until brown and middle is dry when tested with a toothpick.

Needless to say, with the two loaves this makes, one survived around an hour the other went home with him.... Thanks Chad for this great adaption and with the next generation of innovative bakers this ones a keeper for me too!
Try some of these other quick breads:

Best Banana bread ever!
Cranberry  Banana Orange Bread
Apple Fritter Fried Cakes
Zucchini Coconut Bread
Blueberry Coffee Cake
Cranberry Orange Scones
Blueberry Strawberry Scones
Blueberry Cornbread

16 comments:

Tina said...

Very creative of Chad to want to combine favorite fruits into banana bread! Also, I see that the maraschino cherries were used instead of the regular-yum. No doubt this was a success. The bread looks moist and packed with fruit, which is very enticing. You and Chad make a great team in the kitchen!

Federica said...

What a great combination of fruits. I love banana bread, I like this proposal very much. Bye, have a wonderful we

Becky said...

Claudia,
Innovative cooks and bakers run in your family. My boys are the cooks in their families, for the most part.

I want to make this bread soon. I love all of the fruits and coconut. I got a new bread pan, which I need to christen.

Have a great weekend!

Mary said...

I think the two of you certainly got this one right. It looks delicious - so does he :-). I hope you have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

Kathy said...

Beautiful bread…handsome son! Love his NY hat…that’s my team!

Joanne said...

I'm with you, Chad. Bananas and blueberries...two of my favorites. This bread looks too good to resist. I'm on it! :)

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, I see the apple did not fall far from the tree!! Your son's tropical bread looks delicious and sounds wonderful!! I would love a slice! Blessings for a beautiful weekend my dear, your friend, Catherine xoxo

Chaya said...

Of course, this is the best. Look at what Chad added and maraschino cherries oh my.

Maureen @ Orgasmic Chef said...

Clever man in addition to being gorgeous. :)

What a beautiful bread. I have to agree with the blueberry idea. I love blueberries in anything or just by themselves.

Angela said...

Hi there! I made this bread with my daughter and we loved it! What a creative twist on traditional banana bread - we are having it again for Easter brunch.

Buona Pasqua!

I just love your blog!

-Angela

fromcupcakestocaviar@gmail.com said...

This looks great, Claudia. I love that your son is into cooking and baking too... his future wife will love it also hehe.

Kiri W. said...

Oooh coconut and blueberries, that sounds pretty darn amazing!

Anita at Hungry Couple said...

Sounds delicious. And if he bakes desserts, he won't be staying single for long! :)

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

What a great idea!! This bread sounds fantastic!

Cucina49 said...

Your son did good! This looks absolutely delicious for either breakfast or a light dessert.

Suzi said...

This is very creative. What a lovely son you have including your favorites in the bread as well. Looks delicious and I love the cherries added, I love it all. Great sweet guest post and your son is a doll.