Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cream Cheese Banana Cranberry Orange Bread

I cut this while it was warm, added some  butter . While this bread is tasty it's not my favorite.
I think the cream cheese and banana makes this heavier than I would prefer.

Fresh cranberries in season, or dried works fine... I used the whole bag!


3/4 cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed (about 1 1/4 lbs. or 4 medium)
1 cup pecans, chopped, toasted optional
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1 cup of fresh or dried cranberries
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cream cheese, sugar and butter mixing well. Blend in bananas and eggs. Add remaining ingredients; mix well until moistened. Pour into 2 greased and floured pans. Bake till toothpick is clean in the center, at least an hour or more depending on the size pan.

After bread is cooled if you would prefer a glaze this is the glaze to go with it, we like it plain.


1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons orange juice, fresh
1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
Mix together and drizzle over bread.

23 comments:

alison said...

a lot of cranberry in your sweet bread,wonderful recipe!

Federica said...

What an amazing combination of ingredients and tastes. This bread looks deliciuos. Bye, have a good day

Melynda said...

What a nice combination of flavors. The cream cheese would add nice texture also. Yum.

Rosemary said...

Just happen to have a banana that needs used -- today -- and an orange is hanging around, too. Have to check the pantry to see if I used all the dried cranberries in my bread pudding.

Pam said...

Oh, this looks delicious and just wish I had a slice now. The cream cheese must make it a great moist bread and love the fruit in it. Way to go!

Confectionary Designs said...

There are a lot of great flavor combos in the bread! Thanks for sharing - it looks beautiful.

Belinda said...

Whoa...the flavors here are ridiculous!! I looooove it!

Indonesian In Turkey said...

Wow.. it's definitely great recipe .. I'm cheesecoholic- I think.. and so glad seeing this.. maybe I should try this recipe too ! ^_^ thx for sharing

Cajun Chef Ryan said...

Wow Claudia, these must be moist slices of bread! The cream chese giving it the extra smoothness I am sure!

Sandra said...

This is really beautiful, and color of the cranberries just popping out..
amazing!

Swathi said...

I am always in look out for using banana in bread. This sounds delicious with all the flavors

Joanne said...

I'm excited! I think I have an extra Cream cheese pkg in the fridge. It has THIS recipe's name on it :)

Angie's Recipes said...

Lots of cranberries in the loaf!! The combination of flavours is just unbeatable!

Cristina {Teenie Cakes} said...

Claudia: This is just what I was looking for - I have a bag of fresh cranberries in the fridge and wanted to include it in a baking recipe before I freeze the rest. Great morning treat or with evening tea! ;)

Annie said...

I love the thought of cream cheese in this bread. I bet it makes the texture so smooth! Great recipe!

All That's Left Are The Crumbs said...

This recipe couldn't have come at a better time. Thank you! I have about 8 bananas that I need to use up asap and this is perfect.

Reeni said...

I love that you added cream cheese right to the bread - must make it so moist and rich! So scrumptious, wish I had a slice!

Catherine said...

Oh how delicious Claudia! Very delicious and lovely presentation!

bella (roz) said...

Claudia, thanks so much for stopping by and linking up to Fresh Fridays....this bread sounds so good with the addition of cream cheese. I'm a HUGE fan of cranberry breads! thanx also for bringing my attention to the malfunctioning button code. I have emailed the blog designer to fix it, but that may take days, so I just made a note about it on my blog that it isn't work right. You are truly a sweetie for letting me know that! Let's find a way to make it work so that you can co-host this thing with me, OK?

My Little Space said...

That bread looks really moist and I love cranberry! Thanks again for this.
Kristy

Val said...

I love all the flavors in this bread!!! YUM

Magic of Spice said...

Fantastic flavors and looks so moist, lovely :)

Kelsey said...

bookmarking this one!