Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Apples Brownies Recipe














Well here is one of my first blogging posts that I am not sure exactly what to write about, I can really review this one myself as it is a favorite recipe. We always make around apple season, especially in Upstate N.Y. I have been making this recipe for over 35 years and it has never failed me. I can't seem to find anything else that compares. Easy, moist delicious apple brownies. Believe me they will ask for you to make these time and time again. We usually buy the apples at an orchard and keep them in the refrigerator for months. These McIntosh apples are always the favorite for this recipe!  New York State apples, our favorite! So come on and get in the kitchen you must try these!















Note: I double this recipe for a brownie size pan. One recipe is never enough!
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups peeled and chopped apples

Mix all ingredients in a pan and bake at 400* in small square 9x9 greased pan a (13x9 pan if doubled) Bake until using a tooth pick in the center comes out clean. Depending on oven temperature small is around 35 minutes and the doubled recipe could take up to an hour.

11 comments:

April Cavin said...

These sound very creative! I bet some warm caramel sauce drizzled over the top would be great, too.

Cocina Savant said...

these sound delicious! I can't wait to give them a try!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

They look and sound delicious! Would go perfectly with my coffee right now...

raquel said...

apples and brownies?? i'm in! looks wonderful. hey, you might want to put in an entry to this month's royal foodie joust. the three ingredients are apples, cayenne pepper and maple syrup. i bet you'll come up with something awesome!!!

pegasuslegend said...

thanks for you suggestion and flattering words, not sure what the foodie joust is...I still can't figure out foodbuzz lol

Laura said...

This is as simple as it is delicious.

Cookin' Canuck said...

What a great version for autumn!

Raje said...

Looks Yummy

Butterfly said...

This is so cool....yummie!!!

My Little Space said...

Just the kind of baking I love especially with apple. Will never forget the taste of sweetness & the aroma as well.

Kathy Gori said...

Never had this, it looks really intriguing