Saturday, March 26, 2011

Broiled Lobster with Garlic Butter






Hello everyone~ I am taking a few days off this weekend, so I wanted to tell my viewers not to wonder why I wasn't posting so often.  Will have something to post on Sunday.

We are just going to take a little break and get some fishing in and staying in a Hotel on the beach.  It's the only vacation with hubby's new job we will take this year, so I am going to make the most of it.
 Tonight before we left I decided to make one last post before taking off. Lobster is our favorite. I actually found Maine lobster this week and was so excited I had to buy it, although very pricey. So much better than Florida lobster, of course its a matter of preference.

 Here's how we make it..
2  lobster tails approx 10 oz each
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
sea salt to taste ground white pepper, to taste


Directions

Preheat the broiler to 450.

 In a large saucepan boil enough water to cover 2 tails. When it is at a rolling boil add tails. Boil tails for exactly 3 minutes. If you have a 12-14 oz. cook for 5 minutes.

Take the tails out of water and let them rest for a few minutes to cool on a cutting board. Use a pair of good  kitchen shears,  to slit top of shell to ½ inch from end of tail. Not all the way . Pull the meat out of shell but leave the very end attached, that would be the end in the ½ inch you didn’t cut at the shell. Push the shell together and drape meat over top of shell carefully. ½ inch inside the shell and ½ inch outside the shell. Should your shell  not be stiff enough just drape over shell, the best you can do is  push it together. This will cause the lobster to puff up nicely when cooked.
Put the tails on a wire rack over a broiler pan in your preheated oven. Make sure and put about 1 cup of water in the pan below the rack. Put on middle rack of the oven.

 Baste tails with butter seasoning above.…Cook time should be about 10 minutes after the broiler is heated up to 450 degrees  on the middle rack and watch that they don't burn, if they cook too fast lower the rack. The tail will turn opaque white from translucent white. When the tails are done, the meat will be firm. Serve with garlic butter wine sauce below.
 
Garlic Butter Wine Sauce
3 tablespoons butter
 2 cloves garlic, minced
 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
 1/4 teaspoon salt
 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 cup white wine
 1 tablespoon fresh parsley

Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic cook and stir until transparent, about 3 minutes. Season with tarragon, salt and white pepper. Increase the heat to medium, and stir in the white wine and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer, then whisk for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and sprinkle in parsley.  Dip lobster tail in sauce to serve. Suggestions to serve lobster with a salad, whipped potatoes or vegetable of choice. Enjoy!  Mom's favorite song....this one's dedicated to her...  missing you always....

23 comments:

Firefly@fireflyblog.org said...

It looks so yummy! I didn't have lobster in a while.

Big Dude said...

What a perfectly timed post. I bought some tails on sale awile back and had been wondering how I would cook and serve them for dinner with my daughter tonight - I will cook them just as you have done.

FOODESSA said...

Dean Martin's songs in general are heard while Hubby and I cook together...and a lobster dish like this one is a real feast. Claudia, I also agree that shellfish from the east coast is so much better because of its cold water ;o)

Have yourself a well deserved mini holiday with Hubby ;)

Ciao for now,
Claudia

Melynda said...

Claudia, enjoy your weekend! See you when you get back.

Sandra said...

Delicious, and so pretty! Thanks for sharing!!!

Swathi said...

Lobster with garlic butter sounds yumm.

Alison said...

Claudia, this looks marvelous! Lobster is not readily available where I live, but we have an abundance of crap, shrimp, prawns, oysters and assorted other salt water goodies. This Garlic Butter Wine Sauce would be perfect for the prawns I've got sitting in my fridge waiting for me! Thanks for posting.
Have a really nice time with your DH this weekend!

Karen said...

You can't go wrong with lobster! And you sauce sounds amazing. The flavors must be fantastic. Have a great vacation!

Reeni said...

Hope you're having a great time! I wish I had some of your mouth-watering lobster!

ARLENE said...

Ooooh! That looks so delicious. I ordered tails from Lobstergram once and they recommended the same method as you for cooking them (boiling then broiling) and they were perfect as yours look. Have a great weekend; looking forward to your next post.

marla said...

Sounds like you had a great vacation! Love the lobster :)

Elisabeth said...

I haven't had lobster tail in ages.
Bring back such great memories. Yumm!
Have a wonderful time with your hubby!
xoxo

Dulce Dough said...

Looks wonderful! It's been so long since I have had lobster and now I really want some!

Su said...

What a wonderfull way to eat lobster ;)

Lana @ Never Enought Thyme said...

We always enjoy lobster prepared any way but we don't have it often. Enjoy your mini-vacation, Claudia!

Angie's Recipes said...

Lobster!!What a great feast!

Claudia said...

In the life I was supposed to lead, your lobster dish would be on my table at least once a week. Enjoy your weekend while I vicariously enjoy your lobster.

Kate @ Diethood.com said...

You really know how to set the mood for a delicious feast!! I love the Dean Martin touch. :)

Garlic butter is my favorite sauce to have with any seafood, including lobster. Mouthwatering!

Megan said...

What a treat! I haven't had lobster in a long time. Now I have a craving. :)

Lizzy said...

I've never made lobster before (not cheap in the landlocked midwest!), but when/if I do, I will come back to your recipe...it looks fabulous!

Magic of Spice said...

What a gorgeous dish and presentation, lovely!

Roz from 'la bella vita' said...

Mmmm, how I remember lobster's taste! I'm allergic to it now, but my memory of it will always be so delicious . . . enjoy it!

Suzanne said...

Awwww..looks sooo delicious!!! I am now craving for lobster!!!