Monday, March 22, 2010

Father's Day and Grilled Garlic Lemon Pepper Chicken over Linguine

Dad was taken too soon, for me he never got old. Yep, I was Daddy's little girl and he was my best friend.


Really, no matter how old your dad gets, its still too soon when they pass away, there is never a time in your life your ever ready for this.

Dad passed at 82. He was still lifting weights at that age, playing golf, stayed in great shape and had no known illnesses. Fathers Day weekend back in 1995, I went to mom and dads house with my two small boys to take them to my brothers around 2 hours away. We had big plans for him, we were going to stay for the whole weekend. Dad and my brothers were going to play golf and spend time with the boys on Saturday. Mom, I and the boys, were going to going shopping at the nearest malls around there. Sunday we would have made him one of his favorite meals and all been together. Well that never happened. Mom and Dad weren't there waiting for me to pick him up. There was a note on the door. They had taken him by ambulance to the nearest hospital, he had a stroke. He never recovered.

Here is the dinner I still make every year in his memory, now for his two grown grandsons. We miss him everyday even though its been many years now. The tradition lives on in his memory. Father's Day is every day in my hearts, in my mind, my best friend will be missed forever.


I like more fresh lemon on my chicken after its grilled....


Use a good brand olive oil for taste and fresh garlic for the sauce over the pasta.


Boil till Al dente or your preferred likeness.


4 boneless chicken breast cut in half lengthwise to make eight pieces
1 lb linguine boiled in salt water
estra fresh lemon wedges

Marinade:
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 olive oil
1/2 teaspoons each oregano, parsley, garlic powder, pepper, salt optional cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
(Marinade Chicken for at least one hour or overnight is best!)

Pasta Sauce
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
dash salt
1 tablespoon parsley
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 pasta water
Grating cheese
Saute the garlic in the olive oil till brown, turn off heat. Add the rest the ingredients. Pour over cooked pasta.

Grill chicken breast on high heat to sear and seal in the juices, then on turn down to low till done. Meanwhile boil pasta. Pour pasta lemon sauce over pasta, place chicken on top and serve with grating cheese.
Post a Comment