Tropical Beach Spa Cake

Thursday, February 20, 2014
  Making memories in the kitchen is a must for me. There are times in our lives we just have to find something special to cook up to make a lasting memory, this was it! This Tropical Beach Spa Cake was such a fun project!  Really what better way then family memories are made in the kitchen?


My niece Pamela, her husband Bruce and their two kids came to visit me from Upstate New York this week. Samantha my great niece and their little junior cook did a marvelous job with some direction making this adorable cake.


Cake made into a spa a fun project with the kids and great memories to start your own traditions. Cooking with kids is the best way for them to learn for their future. This chocolate spa cake is a great way to start.




This is Samantha, my niece. I was so proud of her for making this Tropical beach spa cake, I had to show you our yummy project and how easy this one is to do.




We had so much fun making this little tropical spa beach cake! She was a natural at cooking. I wouldn't have expected anything less since her mom Pamela is a great cook and inspiration to her children. Pamela also is teaching her kids the importance of family values and togetherness. My mom taught all of us how family is all that matters. As we grow older those memories become more and more important.


When we look back at all the ones made in our childhood, it's just heartwarming to make traditions with the next generation to come in the family. Pam is doing a great job instilling those values and I look forward to seeing her children make special memories with their own someday.



Recipes for you to try we love:



Ice Cream Cone Easter Baskets

Doll Cakes

Halloween Party Foods

Heart Shaped Foods

Sugar Cone Edible Trees

Try my Clay Dough!




Cake made into a spa a fun project with the kids . Samantha is making this beach spa chocolate cake with me



I just love that excitement and how she lit up with that beautiful smile on her face as things were coming together, you can tell she was having so much fun which made this all the more fun for me to watch and a day I will always remember.



If you close your eyes, this delicious cake will take you if just for a minute, to a tropical Island where the warm sun is beating down on you.  Don't I have a great imagination? Seriously, this will put a smile on everyone's face as they eat this. Make it for that next event, gathering or birthday. It will be a huge hit, I promise!


Decorating this beach scene on a chocolate cake with candy, chocolate, frosting and crushed cookies

I frosted the cake getting it ready for her to decorate.


Samantha helping me make a beach scene on a spa cake with blue frosting, chocolate and sprinkles

Can you tell she was intense making sure everything piece was perfect? She broke off the pieces to fit the sides of the cake all the way around. Then started to add the rest of the ingredients that took less that a half hour to complete. She could hardly wait to eat it!


This chocolate cake is frosting, chocolate candy, cookie bears, gummy rings, umbrellas and blue frosting for the water




If you are looking for a project that fun to make and fun to eat, you hit the jackpot. I am sure Samantha would agree this is about the yummiest project we could ever make. The memories are priceless and I hope someday she will treasure the moments like I did and share with her children.



The memories made in a kitchen with young children will mold and pave the way for traditions. This is one I have instilled in my entire family, young or young at heart, it starts with a little patience, love and building life long cherished memories. What better way to start then a delicious treat like this?




Chocolate cake with decorations of a beach and spa creative scene






Tropical Beach Spa Cake Pin for later



This chocolate cake is frosting, chocolate candy, cookie bears, gummy rings, umbrellas and blue frosting for the water






this chocolate cake is frosting, chocolate candy, cookie bears, gummy rings, umbrellas and blue frosting for the water


So here's what Samantha and I did to make this adorable Tropical beach cake:


Hershey mini candy chocolate bars
Peach gummy rings or whatever kind you can find usually at the dollar stores
mini bear cookies found in any supermarket use regular or cinnamon bear
graham cracker crumbs for the sand or use brown sugar
2 umbrella decorations are usually found in the drink section of the supermarket
kit kat mini bars 
blue canned frosting make your own or store-bought

Bake any kind of cake you would like in a 9-inch round pan. Cool completely. 
Frost the whole cake blue. Place the kit kat bars cut side down to cover the sides.
Generously cover one small side of the cake with crushed graham crackers. Place 5 gummy rings on the blue water-looking side. Insert bears into each ring. Using the chocolate bars, break off  3 small sections and then lay them on the graham cracker crumbs beachside, (those are the floats). Place a bear on top of the chocolate float pieces laying down. Position the umbrellas on each side.


this is a cake made with chocolate cake,  cookie bears, gummy rings, umbrellas and blue frosting for the water

Our next project is with Samantha's brother Vinny you can check it out here.


Vincent my nephew making tropical jello scenes


Hope you all had fun reading about the little project we did together and we both hope you all get to try this sometime! 

Thank you Samantha for making this beautiful memory with me that I will cherish forever... love you always your Aunt Caca.


6 comments

  1. Oh that is just so cute! The kit kats round the side is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute and indulgent cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable idea for a birthday cake! So cute and I bet the cake is delicious and kids love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making such wonderful memories with these times in the kitchen with your niece! I'm sure she loved this fun cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet the kids loved the cake. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab cake, it looks delicious! I bet my kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use the search option for a recipe you're looking for and thanks for all your kind words and support. We love our readers all the best Claudia