Grilled Turkey Bacon Bleu Burger

Sunday, August 11, 2013
When your trying to cut the fat it's difficult to get the flavor that will still satisfy that meat craving when substituting turkey. I finally made a turkey burger I was proud to post and would make again! This one is bursting with flavor and I would certainly make this again. The calories and fat are half of what you would have with a regular beef burger, what a bonus lower in Cholesterol!

I will leave that up to you to decide  whether turkey works for you and your family. It's a really  great alternative during that diet time for a healthier less fat meal.























I had never been a big fan of turkey burgers, at least not the ones premade. They seem tasteless. This one was to my surprised really a delicious alternative to beef. The hot sauce in here really kicks up the flavors.



I really enjoyed it. Everyone in the family raved about the flavor. I had mine plain no bun with all the dressings. Bleu cheese is a favorite of mine.



I had to also have ranch for the family, they liked that better than topping it with any other condiments.



Dress it up the way you like. My husband for one doesn't like raw tomato on his, so he has lettuce and mayo. My youngest son likes the bleu cheese and my oldest is a mustard and ketchup lover.




Turkey Bacon Bleu Burger

instructions:

1 pound ground turkey

3 tablespoons hot sauce

3 tablespoons light blue cheese dressing ( yogurt blue cheese dressing or fat free works great too) or ranch

1/4 cup bread crumbs (I used Italian flavored with grating cheese in it)

salt, pepper and cayenne to taste

2 tablespoons kitchen bouquet sauce (brown seasoning sauce found in the marinade sections in your supermarkets)


2 tablespoons real bacon bits

Optional: 1 teaspoon fennel seedss

Garnish: add 1/4 cup chopped peppers, onions or fresh mushrooms

Mix everything together in a bowl. Shape into thick patties and grill until both sides are nicely browned with grill marks around 10 minutes on high each side. Makes 3 good size burgers.

Serve on a salad or in a hamburger roll. Top with more blue cheese light dressing and bacon bits if you like.
Created using The Recipes Generator



No comments

Remember to use the search option for a recipe you're looking for and thanks for all your kind words and support. We love our readers all the best Claudia