Thursday, January 17, 2013

Roasted Amaretto Butternut Squash Recipe


1 large butternut squash peeled, seeded and cubed
1 large cookie sheet
parchment paper
1 tablespoon sea salt more or less to taste
1 teaspoon white pepper more or less to taste
1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur
1/2 cup melted butter or use half olive oil half butter if you want to cut calories
 olive oil
1 teaspoon granulated garlic or more to taste

Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Place cubed cleaned butternut squash on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper to taste.  Roast the cubed butternut squash for 30 minutes or until fork tender. Keep turning so it doesn't scorch or burn.
Place in a bowl, add Amaretto, butter and/or olive oil, then more salt and pepper to taste.

9 comments:

Federica said...

This is a great idea :) I like the amaretto with pumpkin very much. Bye, have a good day

Paola Bacci said...

Veramente delizioso!!! Bravissima, baci

The Mom Chef said...

This looks so delicious. I've been trying to find good squash recipes because I'm not a big fan, but they're so, so good for us.I love the fact that you have Amaretto in here.

Kathy said...

This looks so yummy and delicious! I love the addition of the Amaretto!

Greg said...

Yum, I bet this would be good on sweet potatoes as well. I may have to wrestle my wife to get he Amaretto.

Lizzy Do said...

Mmmmmm....another use for my Amaretto besides desserts!

anthony stemke said...

This is a lovely recipe indeed, can't wait to try it. Thanks.

anthony stemke said...

This is a lovely recipe, thanks, can't wait to try it.

Chris Coyle said...

A combo I never would have thought of, but any excuse to break out the DiSaronno and I'm in! :)