Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tis The Season Cookie Recipes

Very crunchy lemony flavored biscotti one of our first cookies we bake every year a long time favorite.......  Click here for the recipe for this one. Sometimes I try new cookies for the holiday season and always come back to the tried and true favorites. This is one of them!
 

We love Nutella here in our home, my son adores it by the spoonfuls. I have used this for filling many pastries such as thumbprint cookies, filling for cupcakes but I just found our newest favorite cookie for anytime, but especially one for the holiday and gift giving... this one was a huge hit. We have enough jam filled recipes, peanut butter, we never have enough Nutella favorites! Hope this will be your newest favorite too!  Click here for this one.

We have made these fried cookies for years, mom, grandmom, Aunts, friends. Regions in Italy make many foods differently. These adopted many names over the years such as ribbons, wands, bow ties, I just knew them as the fried cookies with powdered sugar in them as a child. I couldn't eat enough of these growing up.

Italian Ribbon Cookies
Absolutely my favorite cookie of all time, easier than I thought to make myself and a perfect addition to the Christmas cookie tray!
Italian Rainbow Cookies

                                                        Chocolate Pecan Bourbon Balls

Similar in style to a linzer cookie, however a very different ingredients. We usually use these on a wedding tray using a heart shaped cut out. I used the star cutout .
                                              Italian  Raspberry Shortbread Cookies


If you are a peanut butter lover ~ this is a chocolate cookie filled with peanut butter then you are going to love this one~ I thought maybe they would be difficult, but the filling rolls into a ball easily to mold around the cookie batter.
                                                   Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise

I have never had good luck with crinkle cookies, they never come out right. These are full proof. Anyone that has tried the recipe swears by how easy and perfect they come. Well I have to agree with everyone. They are simple and goof proof
don't you just love those kinds of recipes. Can't wait to try them in chocolate now!
                                                               Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies

                                                                      Thin Mint

                                                          Nutella Melting Moments
 
 
 





I have to tell you something about Italian recipes that has always had me thinking. Mom never
measured anything and always came out the same... perfect!  Here is her recipe best I can get close too!                             Mom's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
                                             

Not what you were looking for see if you like any of these?
 
Happy Baking From Claudia @What's Cookin'Italian Style Cuisine
+claudia lamascolo  Author

4 comments:

Su M said...

Dear Claudia,
Just wanted to wish you a very, very Happy Christmas for you and you family.
A big kiss for you, my dear :)

Cristina Lionetti said...

These recipes look delicious!
Merry Christmas :)

Lizzy Do said...

What a wonderful roundup of cookies, Claudia! All so perfect for the holidays! I'm sure I'll be back before Christmas, but wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!! I'm blessed to be able to call you my friend. xo

Jennifer said...

Lovely Holiday cookies - love the ones with Nutella - yum!!