Saturday, November 17, 2012

That Skinny Chick's Mounds Bar Recipe




Back in June, Lizzy from That Skinny Chick Can Bake made these Mounds Bars and I couldn't wait to try them. Something always came up including being on a diet.  I finally reached the weight I wanted and these were my reward. What a treat. The only thing I changed was using chocolate flavored graham crackers for the crust.
They were so good I will not be able to wait that long again to make them! Thanks Lizzy as usual your the best at baking, these were outstanding! I was actually licking the knife cutting them, you won't want to leave a crumb behind!  Thank you Lizzy your the best!
Please hop over to her site to see the original recipe!


Chocolate Crusted Mounds Bars adapted from That Skinny Chick Can Bake

1/4 cup butter softened
1 cup chocolate graham crackers crushed
1 tablespoon sugar

1 can condensed milk (14 ounce size)
2 cups coconut put through a food processor finely chopped
Mix together set aside

Topping:
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Mix the butter and chocolate graham crackers and sugar in a bowl.  Put that into a 9x9 pan or small brownie pan.  Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
Pour the coconut mixture over the top and bake until browned on top around 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven.  Pour chocolate chips on top.

Put bake into the oven for a minute so this is easier to spread using the back of a spoon. Cool completely before cutting.

+claudia lamascolo Author

8 comments:

Life's a shoe said...

wow!!!

Lizzy Do said...

Oh, I am just thrilled that you loved them!!! These are a favorite from childhood...and certainly the reason I love coconut today :)

Angie's Recipes said...

Rich and delicious! I would love a few slices for my tea now.

Paola Bacci said...

Una ricetta veramente deliziosa!!! Bravissima!!!

Parsley Sage said...

Om nom nom! Great seeing you reboot Lizzy's delicious dish :)

mylittleitaliankitchen said...

golossissima con tutta questa cioccolata. Brava Claudia!

mylittleitaliankitchen said...

golossissima con tutta questa cioccolata. Brava Claudia!

Elisabeth said...

I love these yummy chocolate coconut filled bars. Such a great recipe from Lizzy! Now I want to make them too:)