Monday, November 5, 2012

Herb Crusted Cornish Game Hen Recipe


A little hen with alot of flavor! Darn it was so tender the wings fell off!

2 Cornish Game Hens
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon each salt, pepper and paprika
1 stick melted butter
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon for each hen minced garlic in olive oil
ziplock bag
Roasting pan with rack
Water
2 celery stalks

Rinse the game hen under water. Melt butter in a pie plate. Roll each hen in butter.  In a extra large ziplock bag add the cup of flour with 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and paprika. Shake the hens in the flour one at a time. In the cavity add the minced garlic and 1 stalk of celery and any leftover melted butter.
Bake at 350 degree preheated oven on a roasting rack. Add on the bottom of the pan,  water 1/2 inch deep.  Tent loosely with aluminum foil.  Remove foil after 1/2 hour of cooking.
Cook until the skin is brown and crispy around 45 minutes more or until the juices run clear.

6 comments:

Greg said...

I have never made game hen, but my wife has asked me a couple of times why I don't. I think she likes the idea of eating a hole bird by herself. I may just give this recipe a try.

Big Dude said...

I like these little fellers and yours looks very good.

Jennifer said...

LOL It was so tender, the wings fell off! It has been donkeys years since I had this. Thanks for the memories.

mylittleitaliankitchen said...

Mmm... this looks succulent Claudia!I think it is an art being able to cook meat well in the oven and you certainly got that talent my dear friend!

Pam said...

I used to make these fairly often but haven't for a while and want to try this.

Amelia said...

Hi Claudia, your game hens chicken look super delicious. Love the simple seasoning, look great. Thanks for sharing.

Have a nice day.