Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Brussels Sprouts Roasted with Cranberries Balsamic Vinegar and VIDEO

One of my very favorite ways to serve brussel sprouts, a vegetable that really doesn't get enough attention. There are so many wonderful ways to serve them.
These are sweet tender and very tender.
 
 

3 pounds of cleaned brussels sprouts
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt, pepper and garlic powder
1 cup good grade balsamic vinegar (used 18 year aged)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup dried cranberries
Optional: Toasted slivered almonds
Roast the cleaned sprouts on a oil sprayed cookie sheet tossed in olive oil, sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper and garlic powder.

                Roast in a hot 400 degree over for around 35 minutes till soft and nicely browned.

In a small pan add the sugar and vinegar. Boil on high, then reduce heat to medium for around 15 to 20 minutes until very thick.
Toss sprouts with balsamic mixture and top with cranberries, and almonds.  Serve immediately.

+claudia lamascolo  Author

7 comments:

Federica said...

What intriguing combination! I never thought to combine Brussels sprouts and cranberries. I want to try this, I'm curious :) Bye, have a good day

SaritaAgerman said...

Sounds really Christmasy with cranberries in the mix. It looks yummy. I'll definitely try it out - thanks!

saritaagerman.blogspot.it

Greg said...

Will this recipe make me a brussel sprout fan? I have never liked them, but I am guessing it is because of the way they were prepared. The cranberry and balsamic part sounds good.

mylittleitaliankitchen said...

very nice Claudia. I love brussels and with cranberries are just perfect. Do you have them for Christmas as well where you are? In the UK they are a must!

Vicki Bensinger said...

This is definitely a tasty way to serve sprouts. I'll have to remember this.

Lizzy Do said...

These look amazing, Claudia...the sweetness of the dried cranberries must taste wonderful with the Brussels sprouts!

Luise loves food said...

This sounds a lot like the recipe I use.my recipe uses bacon and balsamic, but the cranberries added would taste good too. I'm going to try that.