Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bruschetta Antipasto Appetizer Recipe

I am a bread aholic! Anything you add to it is a banquet for me. Here is another appetizer I serve to guests instead of making a huge salad. These always are a huge hit! 
Of course you can add your favorites toppings to any toasted piece garlic bread 
but this is super tasty! All I can say is you just can''t eat one!  



Balsamic Vinegar a good grade aged
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Romaine (or other kind of lettuce)
Roma Tomatoes Sliced
Black Sliced Olives
Genoa Salami
Fresh Mozzarella Slices and Sharp Provolone
Zucchini Sliced Thin
Dried Basil, Oregano, Parsley
Salt, Pepper to taste
Garlic minced or powder
Romano grating cheese

French Bread or Baguette Bread sliced into 2 inch thick pieces

Cut thick slices of bread at least 2 inches thick.  Brush with olive oil and add minced garlic. Toast until browned around the edges and crispy on a hot 420 degree oven. Doesn't take long so watch them, about 10 minutes.
Layer first with lettuce, zucchini, salami, cheeses, tomato, ending with olives. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sprinkle with spices of choice you like, salt,  pepper. Serve with a garnish of grating cheese.

My son said Mom what are you calling this one?  He said ok, I call it GONE!
+claudia lamascolo  Author

11 comments:

Federica said...

What a tasty and delicious bruschetta :) I love it. Bye, have a great day

Big Dude said...

That's quite a creation Claudia - I can taste it from here.

Belinda said...

That could double up as a sandwich - looks so awesomely overflowing.

Greg said...

3 Yummms up. This looks fantastic. I gotta try this one.

ARLENE said...

From one breadaholic to another, these look amazing. Wish I had one right now.

Frank said...

This sandwich looks delicious. I'm a bread aholic, too. Just found your blog on Google+. Well done

Frank said...

This sandwich looks delicious. I'm a bread aholic, too. Just found your blog on Google+. Well done

Paola Bacci said...

Ha un aspetto meraviglioso!!! Complimenti!!!

Trix said...

Ah, how I love bread. Only it loves my hips too much! lol. But this does look yummy

Marti Martinelli said...

Looks amazing!

Elisabeth said...

I left a comment on your awesome bruschetta, don't know if it went through!