Saturday, November 3, 2012

Baked Eggs, with Sauce, Pepperoni and Mozzarella Recipe


My brother John inspired me to make eggs with pepperoni, sauce and mozzarella. He said that mom made it that way. She always used leftover sauce, then both brothers would bring
 leftovers to school in a sandwich. 
Dad always made the omelets with fried ham and eggs,
 then sometimes added peppers and potatoes.  So I decided to try it with tomatoes, pepperoni, sauce and mozzarella baked!  I think Mom would have loved this one even though she fried hers!
 

 
4 eggs beaten
sliced pepperoni chopped
1/4 cup pizza sauce
shredded whole milk mozzarella
chopped plum tomatoes or use whatever you have
2 cloved finely minced garlic
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
grating cheese

Beat the eggs, add everything but the cheese and sauce. Pour the egg mixture in a butter greased deep pie plate.  Carefully put the sauce on top of the egg mixture then sprinkle mozzarella on top, then the grating cheese evenly.  Bake at 400 degree hot oven until the eggs are set and browned, around 35 minutes or until the cheese is melted and a little brown.

7 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

It looks very tasty!

The Mom Chef said...

I think it looks awesome and I love the flavor combination you have. I think I'd carefully crack the eggs over the rest of the stuff and serve after the whites were just set.

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

Those combos of ingredients fried ham, eggs and mozzarella are always a winner dish :)

I used often and love it!

Cheers,

Gera

Melanie said...

Visiting from Hibiscus House, that looks awesome, have to try it!!!

Elisabeth said...

Either way...fried, or baked, looks and sounds so delicious!

Sorry that I didn't get a chance to inform you about my link back to you, until now! Loved the yummy wings:)

Rosemary said...

I just watched Lidia's Italy on PBS make a trio of fritattas and this looks like one of them. We eat eggs several times a week. A great quick and hearty dinner. Love their flexibility!

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

Claudia - I have never made anything like this! I am going to try this over the weekend! With our chickens finally laying eggs, I get REALLY excited about egg recipes :)