Refrigerator Dough Pecan Sticky Rolls Recipe

Sunday, September 2, 2012


Love the sticky syrup nutty style buns for breakfast?
Try these quick and easy refrigerator dough sticky buns we loved them!



3 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
1/2 cup pecan halves
1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits (found in the supermarket biscuit section)

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar mixed with the above cinnamon and set aside
1 tablespoon melted butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In the 8 or 9 inch cake pan using oil sprayed/greased,  place the 3 tablespoons butter, brown sugar and honey.

Place pan with mixture in the oven and cook till butter is melted around 10 minutes (or do in a bowl in the microwave or stove top, all methods will work fine, this is a short cut for me while rolling up the dough).  While the mixture is melting in the oven, get the biscuits ready. Place biscuits on a board and flatten each one. Brush with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon, sugar mixture.

 Roll up. Set aside. Remove pan from oven. Stir the mixture evenly. Spread pecans evenly on top of sugar mixture.  Place rolls seam side down on top of the pecan mixture. You can brush with more butter if you like and then sprinkle tops with cinnamon and sugar.
Bake at 350 degree oven until browned around 25 minutes till nicely browned. Flip onto a pie plate deep enough so the syrup doesn't spill as it is flipped and burn you. Cool slightly serve hot.

6 comments

  1. o this looks so YUM! Love the sticky syrup. Just marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sinful in the morning ... now, that is how to start a day and how easy is this too - perfect and delicious looking ... another great recipe Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I didn't have to watch what I eat, I'd have these decadent beauties every.single.day for breakfast! YUM! Hope you'll enjoy a couple days off, my friend~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would have to be my comfort breakfast 'sticky buns' that are so easy to make. Yummm and delish:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can't blow my diet, I just CAN'T blow my diet! Claudia, those are awesome, but I'll have to try them later when I get as thin as YOU! Hey, just want to let you know that I have listed you on my blogroll 'delicious blgs' over on my new Wordpress blog-- http://italianbellavita.com

    I was hoping that you could follow along there too. I am slowly transferring stuff over to the new blog and need all of of my friends' support.

    Thanks!
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Claudia, These do sound so good and they sound easy to whip up. Have a beautiful evening. Blessings my dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use the search option for a recipe you're looking for and thanks for all your kind words and support. We love our readers all the best Claudia