Monday, September 24, 2012

Quick Pavlova Raspberry Chambord Recipe

I know it doesn't look like the normal puffy style pavlova but it sure tasted good. It was my first time believe or not making them and they didn't look right from all the  photo's and images I saw. I realized too late, I had it upside down and the crinkled cracked sides were underneath and then I also  put way too much whipped cream on it! I looked at other photo's and thought oh boy better try making another batch but they tasted so good, I decided to post it anyway. Lesson learned, read everything first then make sure you have the indented side up to fill (smile) mine were so puffy on the other side the indent was gone so I couldn't tell the difference.  See the links at the end for other recipes for Pavlova and photo's from some other awesome blogger friends that really aced the look and captured a great photo!
Hey if I missed a great recipe and post of this fine dessert feel free to leave your link!
Quick Pavlova

1 1/4 cup sugar
4 egg whites
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons corn starch

Beat egg whites until stiff not dry. Add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until thick and glossy. Gently fold in the lemon juice, almond and cornstarch. Spread mixture evenly onto the circle, leaving a depression in the middle. Bake on 300 degrees for 1 hour. Cool completely on wire rack.

Filling:
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups fresh raspberries and more for garnish
1/4 cup Chambord Liqueur or in a pinch use another favorite flavor or you have on hand
1/4 cups water
1/2 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar

In a medium size saucepan add the sugar and cornstarch, stir in the raspberries, Chambord and water. Cook until it boils then for another minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes then add the remaining raspberries. Cool.

Beat heavy cream and powdered sugar with a heavy duty electric wire beater, 1 minute or until soft peaks form.

There is no such thing as a bad Pavlova to me,
 even if you don't make it perfect to look at,  it
will still be delicious! This is no where near what I have seen other's make but oh well!
 Don't miss trying this delicious dessert!






Some other great Pavlova Recipes I was inspired by:

That Skinny Chick Can Bake Chocolate Raspberry Pavlova
No Recipes Perfect Pavlova
Joy of Baking Chocolate Pavlova



15 comments:

Federica said...

I've never made ​​pavlova, it must be amazing. Great combination with raspberries :) By, have a good week

Life's a shoe said...

yum!

Belinda said...

That is heaping with goodness right there!

mylittleitaliankitchen said...

I could't possibly resist to a Pavlova. Looks good!!!
PS: thank you for your lovely comments on my site, you are really sweet XX

Greg said...

Looks good to me. My daughter dated a guy from Australia who always said Pavlova was there national dessert and I should make it. Now I might just have to give it a try.

Lizzy Do said...

I love that you added Chambord, Claudia! YUM...I'm sure it was DELISH! And thanks so much for sharing a link to mine :)

Mary said...

Pavlova is a wonderful treat and a dessert that is not served often enough. This sounds so good, that even with fall closing in, I' want to make this one more time. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Ruth Martins said...

I actually like the pic as it looks really yummy! Well done, you!

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, I am guilty of not reading every word and then realizing that I have goofed.
This certainly looks delicious not matter which side is up!! I know I would love it and I love too much whip cream! (lol) Blessings dearest. Catherine xoxo

Michele Berg said...

Looks delicious! I'll definitely have to make this.

Anita at Hungry Couple said...

I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like but I can tell you that it looks and sounds delicious!

Reeni Pisano said...

I would of never known it was upside down! I never made one before either. It looks scrumptious!

Claudia said...

Looks super-grand to me. Maybe I was dazzled by the cream and the thought of Chambord. Glad you posted. You cannot go wrong with a Pavlova.

Vicki Bensinger said...

This is so pretty and I know it's light and delicious! Love the Chambord, it's a nice addition to this dessert.

Amelia said...

Hi Pengasuslegend, delicious Pavlova, yum yum. Lovely and excellent picture. :)

Have a nice week ahead, regards.