Thursday, September 13, 2012

Broccoli, Artichoke Cornbread Recipe


2 boxes cornbread prepackaged mix ( jiffy brand or other same size)
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
1 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts or chopped asparagus tips

24 ounces of Ricotta cheese
4 eggs, beaten lightly
3/4 cup butter, melted

1 teaspoon each garlic powder, oregano, basil, parsley and black pepper
Shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella
In a bowl, combine the eggs, cornbread mix, spices, herbs, Ricotta, butter, artichoke hearts and broccoli. Pour into a 9x13-inch buttered baking pan, top with shredded cheddar cheese evenly and bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until middle is solid. Test with a toothpick that is comes out clean. Cut into squares and serve.

10 comments:

Federica said...

What a tasty bread. I love artichokes, it's an interesting and original combination with broccoli, great idea :) Bye, have a nice day

Greg said...

Talk about kicking things up. You just took cornbread out of the south and moved it to a deluxe apartment in Milan. This recipe sounds delicious.

Claudia said...

Since I apparently cannot make cornbread from scratch (the birds won't eat it), this is the perfect way to have my bread and eat it, too. Love the southern downhome of this packed with Italy.

Daniela said...

Un pane originale e ricco di sapore. Buon pomeriggio Daniela.

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, This is a delicious cornbread recipe. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

Alida said...

What an inventive one! This cornbread is a very tasty bread and very nutricious. I love you added artichokes.
On my blog I have added a Networked blogs widget and an RSS feeds one. I will also add a link to a facebook page too soon. These should help following the blog.
Thanks for your comment today. It has been helpful.
PS: the comments box should be visible now on top of post.
Take care. Ciao!

Kathy said...

This is such a tasty looking bread…love the addition of ricotta…sounds fabulous!!

Torviewtoronto said...

this looks wonderful

Tammy said...

Mmmmm...I love this! Your cornbread is something I know my mom would enjoy!!!
Your cooking and style reminds me a lot of my mom! It is always a joy to visit! ^_^

Have a wonderful afternoon,
Tammy

Ritu Ahuja said...

Super delicious :)