Sunday, August 26, 2012

Chicken Mushroom Parmesan with Linguine Recipe


4 to 6 chicken breasts cut in long slices
1 lb mushrooms
1 lb linguine pasta boiled separate
Sauce:
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves minced garlic
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup or more grating cheese (Romano and Parmesan recommended)
1/4 teaspoon dried basil, oregano, cayenne pepper and garlic powder
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
salt and pepper to taste

In a large fry pan, saute chicken in 3 tablespoons olive oil until browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook chicken until juice run clear around 6 minutes on each side. Add mushrooms, the garlic, cook 4 minutes. Add the wine, butter, olive oil, herbs, spices and chicken broth. Cook on a simmer for around 1/2 hour.
In the meantime boil linguine in salt water till your desired doneness. Drain and set aside.
To serve, place some pasta on a plate, top with chicken and mushroom sauce. Sprinkle generously with grating cheese and garnish with parsley.

14 comments:

Art By ASM said...

Looks and sounds delicioso! Wish my husband would eat mushrooms!

Angie's Recipes said...

Very flavourful and delectable. The sauce with mushroom and chicken is just hard to resist!

Kathy said...

This is a wonderful looking dish and sounds incredible!! It would be such a hit in my house!

Big Dude said...

I'm a big fan of mushroom sauce and your dish looks outstanding.

Pretend Chef said...

This looks so delicious. Need to make this sometime soon for dinner.

Pam said...

I love dishes like this want to try this because of that delicious sounding sauce. Anything with mushrooms, wine and cheese has my attention. Have a good day, my friend, and I'm glad your mess with the blog stealer is over!!!

Catherine said...

A wonderful dish dear Claudia, I would love this. Have a beautiful Sunday dearest. Blessings, Catherine xo

Lizzy Do said...

Oh, does this look incredible! I love that it doesn't have any cream...but still full of rich flavor! I will make this for sure :)

Ashley said...

Ahhh love this. My hubby dislikes mushrooms so I'll have to eat his portion of those, but he will love the rest of this dish :)

Roz said...

What a wonderful pasta dish! My husband would love this because you've included chicken. And I especially love the addition of the wine, Claudia!

Becky said...

Claudia,
Glad to be back in touch with you! My hubby would love this recipe with all of the mushrooms, and cheese. We'll be making this one soon, now that Fall is approaching.

Elisabeth said...

My kind of comfort dish...a nice creamy pasta; yet no heavy cream, and of course 'chicken, and more chicken' as I have it on my pinterest board. Can never have enough delicious chicken...love your chicken parm! xo

Claudia,so glad that the blog thief has been shut down. I did check out that site when you mentioned and linked it at that time, and was amazed at the thousands of photos the thief had stolen...saw some of yours. Good for you, a admire your strength and spirit! xo

Life's a shoe said...

oh wow! this sounds really good! i'll definitely try to make this one day

Jennifer said...

Yum - the sauce sounds delicious.