Sunday, July 8, 2012

Watermelon Sorbet Adult Recipe

Refreshing Watermelon Sorbet it's one of those oh yeah got to have it in this summer heat! Perfect for leftover watermelon just waiting to be used up! Give this a try on a hot hot day! It's the perfect summer fun!
Add caption
3 cups fresh watermelon rinds removed and seeds removed
3/4 cup Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup grenadine or maraschino cherry juice
3/4 cup (1- 6oz can) pineapple juice

Place everything in a blender until combined  with melon.  Chill in the freezer around 1/2 hour.
Put this in an ice cream maker according to instructions manual of your unit. This will take approximately 40 minutes.
Serve in martini glasses.


We have a traditional Upstate NY style lemon ice. I grew up with that as a summer treat. 

10 comments:

Ellen B Cookery said...

This is sheer genius. I love sorbet and could enjoy a little digestive after a meal :)

Kathy said...

Oh my, does this look incredible! And a perfect 'cool me down' for this ridiculously hot weather we’ve been having!

drick perry said...

watermelon and rum, are you serious? oh hell yeah, I am all over this one, what a great cool-me-down treat with a kick!!!

Greg said...

I love making sorbets! I definitely am going to try this one.

Lizzy said...

This sounds fantastic, Claudia! I love the idea of adding pineapple juice...so yummy! Hope you've having a great weekend~

Alida said...

amazing looking this sorbet. Looks just perfect for summer. Brava come sempre.

Jessica | Cajunlicious said...

I agree with Lizzy, love that this is an adult version! Hope you had a great weekend!

Amelia said...

Hi Pengasuslegend, wow.... your watermelon sorbet look so tempting. This is what I need now for our hot climate in Malaysia. :)

Have a nice day, regards.

motherrimmy said...

I have a coworker who recommends Captain Morgan Spiced Rum. I'll be sure to send this along to him!

Anita at Hungry Couple said...

Ooh, we love watermelon and spiced rum but have never tried making a sorbet out of it. I have no doubt that I would LOVE this!