Monday, July 9, 2012

Tartlets Filled Fresh Lemon Curd and More Recipes

Lemon Curd is a slightly tart filling that's very thick unlike pudding.  Most of us love lemon here. However we still have chocolate lovers too! So, you can fill them with whatever you like!

My son loves chocolate pudding hands down!

I had just gone to a new kitchen store and spotted these mini tart pans. Although I am no where near a pastry chef by any means, I had to go home and play right away!  I love these, they are so versatile on what you can use them for. Desserts, meat fillings, salad style appetizers.
I can just come up with a ton of uses for them! 


Easy to do, there was nothing to it! Use your favorite pie crust recipe or store bought!
Of course you can fill them with vanilla, fruit topped, chocolate,
raspberries, lemon, banana, the skies the limit right?

 Here's what I did:

1 recipe of dough or store bought pie crust
1 recipe of lemon curd (see below for an easy recipe!) or store bought
1 recipe of chocolate pudding or use store bought
fancy mini tin molds
can of cooking spray oil
cookie sheet
garnish with chocolate curls, lemon peel
Spray each tin with a light coating of cooking oil.  Roll out dough on a floured board to around 1/4 inch thick. Cut pieces of dough to fit each tin. Place on a cookie sheet.  Bake them at 350 degree hot preheated oven until golden brown, around 15 minutes.
Cool. Fill with whatever you like. They can be topped with meringues, whipped cream, fruits. Garnish with chocolate curls, lemon peels depending what you make... Get your imagination going!

Store in refrigerator until ready to eat. That's it! They didn't last long enough to store away!


Fresh Lemon Curd Recipe

1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1/2 cup freshly squeezed, seeds removed lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh lemon peel
1/4 cup butter melted

Using a double boiler, place beat the eggs and sugar together add to the boiler pan. Add the lemon juice, peel, and butter. Simmer over the boiling water until thickened around 15 minutes or so.. that's it!


Recipe for Dough:

Homemade Tart Dough

Recipe Links for Fillings:

Vanilla Pastry Cream
Chocolate Pudding
Banana Pudding
Coconut Cream Pudding

9 comments:

Amelia said...

Hi Pengasuslegend, I love these little Tartlets, they are so cute.
I love lemon curd too but this Tartlets taste good with any kind of fillings, it's so versatile.

Your lemon curd look delicious. :)

Have a nice day.

Federica said...

What wonderful tartlets. I don't know which version to choose, both are greedy ^_^ Bye, have a good week

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes said...

These look so delicious!

Alida said...

lovely little tartlets. They look very pretty too. Buon lunedi cara Claudia.

Ellen B Cookery said...

Lemon or Chocolate....These both look so good. Personally, I prefer lemon though. I'm also loving those little tart pans! Nice!

Joanne said...

Adorable little tarts. My favorite is the lemon curd.
I have the same molds but can't stand cleaning them.

The Mom Chef said...

I have a love affair going on with lemon curd. My only problem in using it is that I want to eat it straight out of the jar. :)

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, Looks wonderful. I would like the lemon or chocolate both delicious! Blessings dear. Catherine xo

Anita at Hungry Couple said...

I love these little mini desserts. It makes you feel like you can eat more. ;)