Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Baked or Grilled Fish with Lime Dill Butter Sauce



1 pound salmon fillets or fresh fish of choice ( I have used redfish, cobia, wahoo and grouper)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice removing pits and cut wedges for garnish
1 tablespoon fresh or dried dill weed
2 teaspoons fresh garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
sea salt to taste and white pepper to taste

Place fillets in a large piece of oil sprayed aluminum foil. Drizzle butter and lemon juice over them. Sprinkle with dill, salt, pepper, spice, worcestershire sauce and garlics. Roll up tight and place on a preheated hot grill or on a baking pan for oven roasting.  Bake  in 400 degree hot oven for 25 minutes depending on thickness. Fish is cooked when flaked easy with a fork.
Baked Redfish using the same method

11 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

This looks just like the one you get from the restaurants! Delicious and pretty!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Yuhoo..another fish recipe that looks fabulous!! I posted a salmon too, hope you come by for a piece, lol..Thank you my friend, you always show the greatest recipes! Hugs,
FABBY

Baker Street said...

I love grilled fish. Had mine yesterday with butter and garlic. I'll try your dill version next week! :)

Ellen B Cookery said...

I just love grilled fish. Can't wait for my husband and daughter to go on their annual fishing trip out west. This recipe is awesome. I need to try it out with my new supply.

Alida said...

I like fish done this way. And goes perfectly with lime. Ciao.

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, I really love dill. It just lifts the flavor of so many dishes.
Salmon is one of my favorites. I like this butter.
Blessings dearest. Catherine xo

Spicie Foodie said...

This is exactly how I like my fish. Thanks for sharing, your recipe sounds so good.

Val @ Tips on Healthy Living said...

Perfect dish for the summer! I love cooking in aluminum foil packets too. Super easy to clean up and there's something exciting about that moment when you open the package and the delicious scents waft out.

Reeni said...

I love the seasonings you used! Delicious!

Amelia said...

Hi, delicious fish with lime. Very tempting and love your presentation, it look very nice.

Have a nice day, regards.

Lizzy said...

Gosh, this preparation sounds amazing, Claudia! Simple yet delectable~