Father's Day Favorite Recipes

Tuesday, June 17, 2014
This is a great roundup of my dear dad's favorite recipes.

He passed away in 1995, but his memory will always be with me in the kitchen.

These were recipes I made with my mom for years on Father's Day.

Dad will always be in my heart, my teacher, best friend and I miss him dearly.

It's always hard to write about people you miss on a daily basis but my tribute is to him will always be, it was an honor to be his daughter.

I was very lucky growing up with such a great dad.

Hope you enjoy some of his favorites as you stroll through my roundup of memories.

Dad is always with me in spirit, and I continue to make his favorites every year for my family in his memory.

Lasagna was his first choice for special occasions, he loved fresh red raspberry pie for dessert and every Saturday was steak night.

Our family continues these traditions and grateful for the many memories shared.

Stroll through and click on the highlighted links to get all the recipes.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there enjoy your special day.



father's dday recipes





Mom's Lasagna



lasagna slice


Home Pizza Dough Recipe



this is how to make homemade pizza dough and the recipe


Sirloin Steak Marsala



this is a sirloin steak with Marsala


Lemon Cutlets



lemon cutlets that mom made with lemons on top in a white casserole dish


Homemade Pasta

this is a photo of eggs noodles homemade


Mom's Sunday Morning Italian Meatballs



meatballs


Traditional Sunday Italian Sauce



sauce Italian style with tomatoes


White Clam Sauce

white clam sauce


Grandma's Chicken and Peas



this is a photo of chicken sauce and peas


Italian Escarole and Beans



escarole and beans


Grandma's Old Fashioned Chicken Soup



homemade chicken soup


Fried Cauliflower



this is a fried cauliflower photo


Mom's Frittata



zucchini crustless quiche


Dad's Favorite Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Foods



this is a collage of Italian Christmas Eve and Christmas day recipes


Red Raspberry Pie

red raspberry pie


Steak in Chianti Butter

steak with chianti butter


Mom's Peanut Brittle



this is a photo of peanut brittle


Cannoli Recipe



this is a photo of an Italian pastry called cannoli


Upstate New York Apple Pie



homemade apple pie


a photo of my dad and I as a child in black and white


My Dad Tribute



Hold on to every precious moment.


All Dad's are special, he is part of why you are here.


Love each day you have together and make beautiful memories to last a lifetime. I did.


Happy Father's Day to the best dad a girl could ever ask for. RIP Dad.


Gone but never forgotten, in my heart always.


That photo was the beginning of a great relationship that lasted 38 years of my life.


Dad, my best friend, great listener, supporter and one who loved his family unconditionally, that was my Dad, Carmen Louis Colenzo.


For me one of the greatest men on the planet.


this is a photo of my dad back in  1980


What made him so special?



His unconditional love, patience, and he never judged anyone.


He was there for everyone and anyone in their time of need and always there to help, even strangers.


At age 82, August 12th, 1995, the angels came and took him from us.


His spirit lives on in each of us children left behind, we all lost a great man that day in our family.


Amazing how he never complained, his kindness and generosity was stellar.


He lived life with a smile, loved his wife, children, family, and friends, worked extremely hard for what he had and most of all appreciated everything anyone did for him with deep gratitude.


Dad went fast, a stroke took him and within two weeks of its onset, with some minor suffering, he went peacefully.


RIP Dad, hope you are having a beer, playing some pinochle card games up there with mom and many friends. Just hoping you know how missed you are today and always.


Pin Dad's Favorite Recipes 



pin for later father's day favorites



Try Some Of Our Other Holiday Favorites





Easter Recipes


Game Day Recipes


Best Holiday Side Dishes


Red White and Blue Recipes


Halloween Roundup


Thanksgiving Recipes


Christmas Recipes

Mother's Day Roundup



9 comments

  1. A delicious roundup! I want some chicken Marsala!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful tribute to your dad who was obviously well loved. Happy fathers Day to all the special dad's out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt your love for great food was instilled in you by your Dad! These are some great selections. I do feel blessed that my parents are still around but yet I know that these type days can be difficult for some. My husband's parents are not
    around. Have a great day Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm... yummy yummy chicken! Love Marsala, a lovely wine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your dad with us for a moment, Claudia. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful tribute to your sweet dad. It sounds like he was both an amazing father and man. And I can see a lot of his traits in you!

    PS...you would LOVE Normandy! I hope you can get there some day~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great roundup and a wonderful tribute to your dad! All the dishes look wonderful…especially the chicken marsala!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing list of recipes. I can see why they were your Dad's favorites. So sweet that you dedicated this post to his likes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a special tribute for a special man! Great collection of family recipes. So much love in these recipes. <3

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use the search option for a recipe you're looking for and thanks for all your kind words and support. We love our readers all the best Claudia