Friday, May 4, 2012

Mexican Taco Cupcakes Recipe


1 lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and cayenne pepper
1 can refried beans
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
36 flour tortillas
1 jar salsa
garnish: chiles, chopped bell pepper, avocado, diced onion, diced cucumber, salsa, cheese, sour cream, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, black olives,
cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375.
Brown the meat in a medium size fry pan, drain. Add the taco seasoning, refried beans and 1/2 cup salsa. Mix and simmer for 2 minutes.
Oil spray 18 regular muffin pan cups. Place one flour tortilla in each muffin cup. Divide the taco mixture between muffin cups. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the cupcakes. Garnish with your favorite toppings. Bake at 375 for around 20 minutes or until cheese has melted.

17 comments:

Federica said...

What a nice way to make tacos, appetizing and tasty :) Bye, have a great we

Free Spirit Eater said...

Mmm, even though it's well past 2AM, I can totally go for one of these right now. Looks delish Claudia! Have a good one <3

Tina Bk said...

Creatively delicious Claudia! I have always considered the pass and fill thing with tacos a very messy process, so I am glad to see this recipe for the individual servings.
Also, you can personalize each one according to tastes. Happy Friday!

Greg said...

These sound great. I bet you could freeze them as well, for those of us who won't eat 36 tacos at once.

Vicki @ WITK said...

Interesting take on the savory cupcake! I like it!

Lizzy said...

These look wonderful, Claudia...a wonderful mini-meatloaf with a Mexican twist! My family would love these :)

Claudia said...

This should be called "How to get your grown kids to come home for dinner." I love that you can serve these at parties - unique and delicious idea.

Anita at Hungry Couple said...

What a fantastic idea! Love it, Claudia. Saving, pinning and making soon. Thanks!

Kiri W. said...

What a creative idea :) Love these little bites.

Jenn Kendall said...

such a creative idea! love it!

Alida said...

yummy dish! Have a nice weekend my friend!

Mari said...

You are so creative! I love the idea and I am sure it is delicious! My family will love it :)

Have an awesome weekend.

Baker Street said...

This looks great Claudia! You are so creative. Love your take. :)

Andrea {From the Bookshelf} said...

What a great idea! THese look yummy!

Jennifer said...

Those are so cute. Clever!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

This is a great idea!! And perfect for portion control!

Anita at Hungry Couple said...

Hi Claudia - I wanted you to know that I've made an adaptation of this recipe and posted it to my blog today. I've given you credit and linked back to your site, of course! Thanks again for the delicious inspiration.
xoxo
Anita