Saturday, May 12, 2012

Freezer Triple Berry Jam

I just love fresh fruit jams on bagels but not all the work to make it... here is an easy way out!
You can use any kind of fruits for these quick freezer jams!
It's so much easier!
2 cups of fruit mashed with a hand held potato masher (I use a medley of berries most of the time, this time I used all blueberries.)
1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
4 cups sugar
1 envelope of pectin 3 oz
plastic containers for freezer  (I use ball plastic 8 oz freezer containers you can find online) I don't trust the glass not to hairline crack in the freezer.

Using the potato masher for the berries you choose, place in a deep bowl and mash and measure out exactly 2 cups of berries with that juice it made. Stir in all the sugar and let stand for 10 minutes.
In the meantime place the pectin in a bowl with the lemon juice.  After the 10 minutes waiting for the sugar and berries set, pour the pectin into that mixture. Stir constantly until all the sugar is dissolved. Pour into the containers you will use and leave 1/2 inch of room at the top. Let sit out for 24 hours before freezing them.  You can store this in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or freeze for 1 year.

8 comments:

Lenia said...

It looks mouthwatering!Spread on a thick slice of bread...!Kisses,dear!

My Little Space said...

How lovely is that! Hope you're having a fabulous Mother's Day, Claudia. Enjoy & have loads of fun & laughter. ((hugs))
Blessings
Kristy

Lizzy said...

I have never made jam, but this will be my first recipe when I do :) Looks excellent, my friend!!!

Happy Mother's Day!!! xo

Angie's Recipes said...

Love simple and delicious recipes like this.

Torviewtoronto said...

yummy looks wonderful

redkathy said...

Hi Claudia, Love the jam!!! Wanted to stop by and wish you the best mother's day ever!

Lady Boheme said...

Fantastico post e complimenti per la ricetta deliziosa!!!! Baci

gobakeyourself said...

Simple but delicious, I love freezer jams :D

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru