Thursday, May 10, 2012

Crockpot White Chicken or Turkey Chili


6 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
2 cans fresh cooked white beans or canned navy beans (15.5 ounce cans or 2 pounds fresh)

1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
2 tablespoons chopped celery with leaves
1 bell pepper seeded and finely chopped any color
1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely chopped
3 cloves of minced garlic
optional: 1 small onion chopped fine
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon fresh chopped cilantro or parsley
salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste

For a heartier meal try this option below:
Optional: 2 cups boiled white rice, ditalini pasta or other small pasta of choice drained

Place all ingredients into the crockpot, mix, place the crockpot on low. Cook until sauce slightly thickens and is heated through on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours. Optional: boil rice or pasta of choice and drain. Stir in just before serving.

10 comments:

Federica said...

I like this salad so spicy and hot. It looks very appetizing :) Bye, have a great day

Lenia said...

A tasteful dish [packed with nutrients!xxx

Woodworkin' & Good Eats said...

Looks delicious. We have never done white chili but we'll have to try it after seeing your post. Happy cooking!

Greg said...

I haven't had white chili in ages. I remember the first time I had it was at a birthday party when I was a kid. Almost none of the kids would eat it because it wasn't red. If you served me this chili now, I am sure I would go back for seconds.

Lady Boheme said...

Una ricetta fantastica!!! Ciao

redkathy said...

Your Chili is EXACTLY why every kitchen should be equipped with a crock pot... YUM!!

Tina Bk said...

I have never even seen anything like this. The idea of a chicken chili does intrigue. Definitely looks a lot lighter than the red chili and more healthier! Thanks for sharing this tasty one, I want this for dinner!

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, I love a meal like this. Healthy and very delicious.
I hope that you are feeling better. Blessings dear. Catherine xoxo

Rosemary said...

I love white chili and glad to have this crockpot version. Although we often have "regular" chili, too, I've become a big fan of white chili, too.

Jennifer said...

I made white chili - but only once in my life. lol One usually thinks of the other.