Baked Sausage Potatoes, Peppers and Tomatoes with Bread Crumbs Cabernet

Monday, May 7, 2012









2 lbs mild or hot Italian style homemade sausage (turkey or regular) or store bought
2 pounds of mixed baby small round potatoes ( I used a medley of white, purple and red)
1 pound string beans cleaned and par boiled ( I did mine in the microwave)
2 zucchini cut in wedges
small grape tomatoes
1 green pepper sliced
1 red pepper sliced
1 onion sliced( optional)
3 cloves of whole clean garlic sliced in half
1/2 teaspoon each salt, pepper, oregano, parsley mixed together in a small bowl set aside
pinch of cayenne
2 tablespoons grating cheese
1/4 cup or more of Italian flavored bread crumbs
olive oil

In a large baking dutch oven pot, add three tablespoons of oil to the bottom. Place the vegetables on the bottom and sausage on top. Sprinkle with as much bread crumbs on top as you like. Add the spices evenly over the top. Add the grating cheese on top of that. Drizzle with more olive oil lightly to moistened the crumbs. Carefully pour 1/4 cup of Cabernet or Merlot around the bottom of the vegetables. Bake @350 preheated oven for at least 45 minutes to an hour until the sausage is cooked completely. Serve on a bed of sauteed spinach or broccoli rabe. Enjoy!

16 comments

  1. What a colorful and appetizing mix :) Well done! Bye, have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dish brings back memories of the Jersey Shore….my husband’s favorite stand on the boardwalk was the one that sold Sausage and Peppers. Except this your dish has all the extras…like zucchini, green beans, potatoes and wine! It looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one pot meal. Between the sausage and the wine, I am sold! Looks like it has lots of flavor and lots of nutrients, which is your trademark Claudia. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious! Lots of flavors and color with all of the different vegetables. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am just loving this. Putting it on my list for the week - easy enough for a weekday and a pleaser to everyone in the home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This just looks too good Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these kinds of simple "throw everything in one pot and cook it" recipes. This one definitely looks big on flavor. Gotta try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, this looks amazing and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a big bowl of yummy comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the way this dish looks and sounds. This is comfort food at its best. My family will love this. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure my first comment made it through. I just wanted you to know this looks lovely and is the kind of dish my family would really love. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like the ideal midweek supper. Full of flavour too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Claudia,

    This is a classic yummy!! Love the potato combo. Adds a new dimension to the already fabulous dish.

    Well done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. After work I usually like recipes like this which can be all thrown together in a pan. And even then it just looks and tastes fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always have sausages in the freezer, I'm sure Italian sausage would work great with your delicious recipe. Such a comforting home style one pot dish that reminds me of my mom making this dish, almost identical:DDD

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a big pot of goodness! I love how you used wine in it! Great flavors.

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use the search option for a recipe you're looking for and thanks for all your kind words and support. We love our readers all the best Claudia