Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Malted Milk Candy Bon Bon Recipe



We are chocolate malted milk ball lovers here. This is the closest in taste of real malted milk balls that we have made for more than three decades!  Taste similar to malted milk balls just more like a truffle.
8 ounces of  good grade white chocolate (I used Lindt)
1 cup or more of instant vanilla color malted milk powder ( Carnation makes this in a jar in your local supermarkets.)
12 ounces of  good grade milk chocolate melted (use the microwave stirring every 20 seconds until melted  or by using a double boiler)

Melt white chocolate and mix with the malted milk powder, if it seems not to hold it's shape, add more malt to the white chocolate. Shape into balls.  Dip into melted chocolate using two spoons for dipping and let dry on parchment paper till set. Place in  festive paper cup. You can decorate them with sprinkles or jelly beans if you like.


More Candy Recipes?

Chocolate Hazelnut Balls
Torrone Nouget
Rum Coconut Cream Bon Bon
White Chocolate Truffles
Nutella Truffles
Crockpot candy cup bites
Curt's Nutter Butter Truffles
Easter Egg Nests

17 comments:

Federica said...

These candies look delicious. I love the milk ones and with chocolate they are even more greedy ^_^ Bye, have a good day

Mary said...

Hi thankyou for stopping by , it's a pleasura to have a new friend. I would be delighted to follow you too.
Happy Easter.

Tina said...

Wish I had thought of this one, I have a big jar of malted milk powder and I just love whoppers. Looks like I will not be buying whoppers anymore, the truffle texture definitely beats those hard things! Enjoy the day Claudia!

Greg said...

My kids used to love these. Before Target opened stores where we live, we would travel about 15 miles to get to a store. We always bought a box of malted milk balls for the trip home. I'll have to make these for their Easter baskets.

Lizzy said...

Oh, how fabulous, Claudia! I cannot have malted milk balls in the house...I'd eat them all. But I'm willing to make a sacrifice and make these delicious little gems!

Alida said...

These are very sweet easter treat. They must be very good too!

Jenn Kendall said...

love this! whoppers are one of my husband's favorites...i totally need to try these!

Mary said...

What a wonderful idea. These really sound delicious and they are different enough to be interesting. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

fromcupcakestocaviar@gmail.com said...

Love how easy these sound Claudia and definitely love any sweet that is malted milk flavored!

Vicki Bensinger said...

You've got to be kidding me. I am the biggest malted milk ball lover ever. When I was pregnant with my daughter I ate them daily for 9 months. My daughter loves them as well, must be all that she ate while in my tummy.

This is so much fun, I can't wait to try these. I just need to get the malt powder. Thanks for sharing. Wow does it really taste like them?

Kiri W. said...

I looove malted milk balls, I had no idea they were so easy to make! :) Mmmmmm delicious!

Baker Street said...

Malted balls for easter is just perfect! I really want to try the chocolate hazelnut recipe. :)

Food for Hunters said...

My boyfriend would go ga-ga over these... nice!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

Malted milk balls are one of my faves! And who knew they were so simple to make?!

Cucina49 said...

Claudia, I had no idea how to make these, or that they were so doable. Much better-looking than the commercial ones!

Jennifer said...

That's a new one for me - malted milk powder! Thanks for sharing. :) Happy Easter to you and your family. (((HUGS)))

TammyJo Eckhart said...

Interesting idea to make a malted milk ball that is really a truffle-like treat.