Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Italian Baked Crusted Flounder with Rigatoni in Wine Sauce Pasta


Baked with Italian flavored breadcrumbs,
herbs and in a wine sauce




1 lb flounder (or other white fish) fresh or frozen thawed
Italian flavored bread crumbs
white wine (Chablis preferred)
1 tablespoon each fresh parsley, basil, chopped
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt
grating cheese
olive oil
1 pound of rigatoni pasta

Boil pasta in salt water till al dente around 11 to 12 minutes. Set aside tossed with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Preheat to 350 degree hot oven.
In a large oil sprayed pie plate lay the flounder pieces single into the plate.  Sprinkle each piece heavily with breadcrumbs. Add the herbs and spices evenly on each piece on top. Sprinkle with grating cheese. Drizzle olive oil over each piece on the top. Pour at least 1/4 cup of white wine around the bottom and sides of the fish. Bake until the top of the breadcrumbs look crispy around 30 minutes.
Pour the sauce this makes into the pasta bowl and toss with more fresh parsley and grating cheese. Spoon the pasta on a plate, fish on top and serve.


22 comments:

Christine's Pantry said...

Another awesome recipe!

Federica said...

What a rich and tasty pasta! It sound very appetizing. Bye, have a great day

bellini said...

I know I would enjoy the crispy coated fish with the tender pasta..and the sauce...oh the sauce.

Tina said...

I am imagining the wonderful textures as well as taste that you would get with one bit of this-yum! Tasty, healthy and satisfying-that is just the ticket. Great recipe Claudia!

Lizzy said...

Sounds lovely, Claudia!!! And serving with pasta would make the hubby happy :) I'll have to see if he'll eat flounder~

Greg said...

This sounds like a great way to make fish. Annette and I have been trying to eat more fish. Now we have a new way to make it.

drick perry said...

yum, my favorite fish and I like how it is cooked in wine preventing it from drying out all while creating a crusty topping - great recipe....

Claudia said...

I hardly ever see recipes for flounder anymore. What a welcome change. Love it's crispiness and a side of pasta is always welcome.

Big Dude said...

This looks delicious as always. I had fish and pasta (both leftovers) for breakfast this am

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, Sounds delicious and healthy. Have a good day my dear. Blessings, Catherine xo

Alida said...

Such a tasty dish. You make me hungry even if I just had dinner!

Alida said...

Such a tasty dish. You make me hungry even if I just had dinner!

Kiri W. said...

Oh, your pasta dishes always make me swoon. Looks utterly decadent :)

"oops-in da kitchen wid Roops!" said...

looks delicious! Gonna try this soon:-)

"oops-in da kitchen wid Roops!" said...

Looks Delicious`! Gonna try this soon!

HowDoYouCook.com said...

Looks delicious!! Can't wait to try it.

fromcupcakestocaviar@gmail.com said...

I love the sound of this, Claudia. It's so easy to get into a rut with baked fish but this is so unique! I can't wait to try it

Elisabeth said...

I just adore a beautiful crispy, crunchy coated fish, with a nice pasta on the side, or with it...is even better.
Love your recipe:DDD

Reeni said...

Looks so crispy and delicious over the pasta with wine!

Rosie'sCountryBaking said...

that looks delicious!!!

Magic of Spice said...

What a beautiful pasta dish...looks delicious!

Torviewtoronto said...

this fish looks wonderful