Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Peanut Chip Cookies

A favorite cookie as a child and now Adult. One can never get sick of a classic for the cookie jar!
2- 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter any brand
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups milk chocolate chips


Just a note, everytime I make these they always take a different thickness and shape depending on if your dropping them from a spoon or if you flatten with a glass after rolling into a ball and then into some sugar.  Anything to make these as easy as possible,
a full proof recipe in flavor everytime no matter how you shape them!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl blend together flour baking soda and salt. Beat in another larger bowl with an electric mixer, the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the peanut butter, egg, vanilla till smooth. Add the flour mixing well. Fold in the nuts and chips.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls as pictured or you can also drop with a spoon or roll these into balls then into some granulated sugar then place on baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between them to allow for spread.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned if you want a chewy cookie (slightly longer baking will result in crispier cookies). Cool cookies before removing from parchment paper.

16 comments:

Lenia said...

They look amazing!I love peanut butter cookies!xxx

Federica said...

I love these cookies, I'd like to have some right now! Bye, have a great day

Tina said...

This is a classic combo-yum! You know I do think that the qualities of crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside is the texture most preferred by the population. Great texture and great flavors-no question that these belong at the top of the favorites list-yum!

Greg said...

Mmmmm... Chocolate and peanut butter. I'll take 1 dozen to go please.

Mary said...

Count me in! These sound delicious and I love that they are made with milk chocolate. These won't last long in my kitchen. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Jenn Kendall said...

it has been awhile since i've had a peanut butter cookie...these are definitely making me crave some! they look so yummy!

Anita at Hungry Couple said...

Chocolate, peanut butter, peanuts...all my favorite things! Looks yummy :)

Lizzy said...

Oh, these look wonderful, Claudia! I love the chocolate-pb combo, too :)

Reeni said...

What an irresistible cookie! Save a stack for me!

Lacy @ NYCityEats said...

Mmm there's nothing better than an amazing peanut butter cookie! These look delicious with the milk chocolate chips - yum!

Mary Ellen @ Pâte à Chew said...

Yum, these are great. I made a similar version myself, there is little more comforting!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

You definitely cant get sick of these. Saving this recipe to make for the kiddos.

avillagepantry said...

I have never made peanut butter cookies but love the sound of these, think I'll give them a try! Thanks

Cucina49 said...

These are such a classic cookie--and they look beautifully crispy!

Kiri W. said...

Oh, how delicious! :) Nothing beats PB & chocolate!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

Peanut butter and chocolate is the best combo ever! The cookies look great!