Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lemon Pepper Rice Recipe



1 lemon zested and squeezed, removing pits
1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, salt, and dill
2 cups cooked rice of choice set aside
1/4 cup white wine
1 tablespoon butter melted
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
grating cheese

Rinse lemon. Cut lemon in half and squeeze lemon juice from both halves (about 2 tablespoons) into medium saucepan. Add spices, wine and butter. Cover and heat until blended and butter is melted on low temperature.
Toss in cooked rice and lemon zest, mix just to heat a few minutes. Serve garnished with parsley and cheese.

Suggestions:

Grilled Lime Chicken
Grilled Shrimp
Broccoli

9 comments:

Federica said...

What a flavored risotto with pepper and lemon juice together. I like it very much, so simple but so tasty at the same time. Bye, have a good day

Angie's Recipes said...

A really tasty and flavourful dish.

Mary said...

This really is appealing to me.It would go well as a side for many dishes. It sounds flavorful and it certainly is beautiful to look at. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Lenia said...

Delicious and aromatic!Blessings,dear!

Becky said...

This rice sounds so good, almost a quick version of risotto with the lemon, spices, and cheese.

Have a great day!

Greg said...

I agree with Mary this dish will make a great side for so many meals. I also like how simple it is to make.

drick perry said...

like this a whole lot... reminds me of one I like to make but I think yours is way simpler...

Alida said...

Mmmm... yummy as usual. Delicious dish XXX

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, Sounds wonderful and healthy.
I wish I could bring you a slice of pie and a cup of coffee. Blessings my dear friend, Catherine xo