Monday, March 26, 2012

Crunchy Potato Cubes Cajun Seasoned



Crunchy with a little heat, potatoes that go with anything and everything that everyone will love! For those of you that like onion, you can add that seasoning as well if  you like.....
I am unfortunately allergic to onion of any kind!

These are always a favorite with any meal!
 zip lock bag
1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon, salt, pepper, parsley and oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
4 tablespoon olive oil
5 medium potatoes cut in  chunks or cubes ( I leave the skins on)
breadcrumbs
1 cookie sheet
parchment paper

In the zip lock bag add all spices, oil and then cubed potatoes shake until evenly coated. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spread out the potatoes in a single layer on the cookie sheet, sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake in a preheated hot oven of 400 degrees until crisp and browned around 45 minutes depending on the thickness of your cubes. 

21 comments:

Federica said...

Delicious ^_^ I love potatoes. Bye, have a great week

Maureen @ Orgasmic Chef said...

don't these sound delicious!! They'll be on my table this week. :)

Greg said...

I love it when the little pieces of potato are browned and crunchy. I never thought of adding bread crumbs to help the process. These potatoes sound yummy.

Tina said...

I really have never experimented that much with seasoning roasted potatoes, but this does open my eyes up to the possibilities. A little cajun heat does sound tasty! Great way to treat potatoes.

drick perry said...

great potatoes, I pretty much do the same... love baking them instead of frying...

Jessica | Cajunlicious said...

Delicious and of course I love that you made them Cajun!

Alida said...

These must be really crunchy and tasty. I like potatoes done like this!

Jennifer said...

Clever recipe! Wonder if one even needs the breadcrumbs - maybe just use Parmesan cheese.

Reeni said...

Love these spicy roasted potatoes Claudia! Sorry about the comment problem!

Lisa @ Snappy Gourmet said...

I love making potatoes like this, but I usually use taco seasoning. Yum!

Deelicious Sweets said...

These sound fabulous! I love seasoning my potatoes up in different ways and frying them up.

anthony stemke said...

Deliciously seasoned, this potato dish is fabulous. I like to use the russet or baking type.
A little chopped onion or onion powder goes good too.

Vicki Bensinger said...

I'm not used to seeing a recipe like this on your blog but I like it. Definitely sounds like it's packed with flavor. My husband would love these little potato bites.

Nava.K said...

I have failed in making the taste with being crunchy too I did something like yours. This is going to be a try for me the next time I wanna to enjoy some lovely crispy potatoes. Yum to this recipe.

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, These are one of my favorites!! Blessings, Catherine xo

fromcupcakestocaviar@gmail.com said...

These sound wonderful, Claudia. I absolutely love seasoned roasted potatoes

Kiri W. said...

Interesting to make a potato bake crunchy - I like this idea! :)

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

Love these, Claudia! I'm always down for cajun seasonings!

Christine's Pantry said...

I love potatoes.

Missy ~Cooking For Two said...

These sound delicious! Thank you!!!

Cucina49 said...

Oh, Claudia, these look awesome! I am always so sad when I hear about your onion allergy.