Thursday, March 8, 2012

Chicken Giovanni Mushroom, Peppers and Wine Pomodoro Recipe



4 boneless chicken breast sliced thin
3 tablespoons fresh parsley
4 garlic cloves minced
6 rosa plum tomatoes chopped
2 red peppers cut in chunks

flour for dredging with herbs and spice mix below
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, oregano, basil
1/4 teaspoon pepper, salt, rosemary
pinch cayenne
1 large plastic bag
________________
2 tablespoon butter
1 lb sliced baby bella mushrooms cleaned and washed
1/2 cup white wine
grating cheese
olive oil
1/2 cup Italian flavored bread crumbs mixed with 1 tablespoon melted butter set aside

Slice chicken breasts in 1/4 inch thick slices. In a large plastic bag add 1 cup of flour and all herbs and spices. Shake chicken pieces into the flour.
In a large fry pan, heat 2 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoon olive oil. Add the garlic and mushrooms saute for one minute. Add the chicken slices and brown two to three minutes on each side. Transfer all of this to a large deep oil sprayed baking pan. Add the chopped fresh tomatoes, to the top of the mushroom chicken mixture, add the peppers on top. Pour wine into the baking dish around the chicken. Sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs and grating cheese evenly over the tomatoes. Bake at 350 degree hot oven, until browned and chicken is cooked and tender around 1 hour (if chicken starts to dry out add a little more wine or water to ensure it doesn't dry out.)

Here are some more chicken recipe if you like this one:
Chicken Eggplant Sorento
Grandma's Baked Chicken Pomodoro
Crockpot Caccatorie
Dad's Chicken Marsala
Crockpot Chicken and Mushroom
Mexican Chicken mushroom and rice
Grilled herb crusted
Chicken, green beans and tomatoes over pasta

19 comments:

Federica said...

It's a very appetizing way to cook chicken. I love mushrooms. Bye, have a great day

Lenia said...

Great way to cook chicken!Kisses,dear!

Tina said...

I think it is the dredging in spices and herbs that won me over on this one. Your photo just screams of flavor. Another tasty chicken recipe-well done!

Greg said...

Great chicken dish. I would definitely make this one. Full of flavor with herbs, mushroom and wine.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

What a yummy looking dish! I love the flavors you've incorporated into this. Bookmarked, I have all the ingredients on hand - this will make our weekly menu I'm sure!

Melynda said...

Wow, this looks delish! I see this for Sunday dinner this week, thanks.

Elisabeth said...

My kind of yummy light Italian chicken dish. Just give me a nice piece of crusty bread, a fresh green salad, a glass of red fruity wine, and I'm "a happy camper!"
Yumm!!!

Maureen said...

This recipe needs to live in my cookbook. I can't wait to make this next week.

Kiri W. said...

Mmmm, I have never heard of this dish, but judging from the ingredients, this would quickly become a favorite of mine. Great recipe!

Kimberly (Unrivaledkitch) said...

lovely! thanks for sharing.

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts said...

Oh yum! This looks delicious! So many great flavors in one chicken dish!

Lacy @ NYCityEats said...

Mmm this looks super tasty! I bet its chock full of amazing flavors. Great recipe!

Jenn Kendall said...

this looks delicious! awesome recipe!

Peggy said...

Oh my goodness this looks incredible!

anthony stemke said...

This is great the chicken and mushrooms and the seasoning make for a flavourful dish.
Thanks for the list at the bottom, I make chicken marsala a lot so I visited there. Very nice recipe, I was particularly touched by your remembrance comments. You are a wonderful daughter

Deborah Dowd said...

I am always looking for something new to do with chicken- I am thinking this would work for veal as well (which I have because several packages were marked way down at my grocers!)

Lizzy said...

Oh, boy! What a fantastic entree, Claudia...my family would love this (especially if I ate all the mushrooms :)).

Magic of Spice said...

What a fantastic chicken dish...love the colors and such wonderful flavors!

Just for Cooking said...

Yummy! Buzzed!!! I LOVE your recipes, by the way!