Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Buffalo Leftover Roasted Turkey Blue Cheese Sandwich

I was pleasantly surprised how awesome leftover Roasted Turkey
 tasted with hot sauce and blue cheese compared to  
the normal Buffalo Chicken sandwich. 
 We loved these and it's our newest favorite leftover meat sandwich!

A crusty roll, turkey, sharp cheddar, blue cheese and hot sauce

Leftover Turkey (making sure there are no bones)
Hot Sauce (your favorite) I used Franks
Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing or store bought
Sharp Cheddar Cheese Slices
French or Kaiser Rolls
Butter
Garlic Powder

Slice buns in half, butter each side and sprinkle with garlic powder. Place on a cookie sheet and broil till lightly browned. In the mean time take your leftover turkey, add some hot sauce to it mix it up, a few tablespoon to a 1/2 cup turkey. Put the turkey on the bottom part of the bun, add sharp cheddar on top. On the inside of the top portion of the bun, pour a tablespoon of blue cheese dressing. Place this one top of the bottom portion.  Put back into the oven, but switch to bake,  at 400 degree oven,  just until cheese melts, around two minutes.

12 comments:

Lenia said...

What a delicious snack!Have a lovely day,dear!

Greg said...

This sounds yummy! I like a sandwich with a little kick.

Alida said...

Mmm.... mouthwatering panino. A very tasty easy lunch. Take care X

The Saucy Gourmet said...

wow, that looks incredible and so saucy, just like I like it!

Jessica | Cajunlicious said...

Yum, that is one delicious looking sandwich!

Tina said...

I do not think I have seen a more delicious turkey sandwich than this. Sadly no turkey to be found at my house, I am craving this for lunch!

Mary said...

Now that is a nice sandwich. The Silver Fox would really enjoy this. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Lacy @ NYCityEats said...

Great use of left overs!! I've never had buffalo turkey but I can't imagine it not being amazing! This is quite a sandwich, yum!

Kiri W. said...

Looks extremely messy and extremely delicious :)

Baker Street said...

Oh I love everything oozing out. This would really make for a satisfying meal.

Renee @ Tortillas and Honey said...

Simple and yummy! :-)

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

Never thought to use turkey for a buffalo sandwich, but it makes total sense!! Yum!