Linguine with Rock Shrimp

Friday, February 3, 2012








6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup minced fresh garlic
1 bottle clam juice
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup white wine
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
2 lbs rock shrimp cleaned, out of shell regular fresh shrimp, peeled
salt pepper to taste
4 to 6 anchovies, minced (you can also use a tube of paste and add to the liquid)
1 pound pasta of choice cooked al dente
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
optional: hot red pepper flakes


Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large, frypan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until soft, do not brown or it becomes bitter, saute around 3 minutes.

Add the juice, butter, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook simmering for 10 minutes.

Season with salt and pepper taste. Set aside. Put the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, butter in the same large pan heat.

Saute the shrimp, wine, and anchovies.

Cook just until the shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes.

Add pasta, toss to coat. If you like more buttery flavor add more melted butter to the tops of the rock shrimp, just pour directly over the tops of them.

We like to garnish with cheese, hot red pepper flakes, and parsley.






20 comments

  1. Wonderful :) I love this pasta, it's one of my favorites. Bye, have a great we

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linguine is my absolute favorite pasta :D And this recipe you give us is tremendously delicious!!! That shrimp is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock shrimp is a rare treat since I have moved from Florida, but I do remember how tasty it was. This light pasta dish does look fabulous. I never thought that shrimp should have a lot of sauce, so I am all for this recipe. Your photos are wonderful-yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the combination of shrimp and anchovies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had to go and post this first thing in the morning. Now for the rest of the day I am going to be sitting at my desk drooling on my keyboard thinking about shrimp and linguine. Definitely a must make meal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like such a wonderful dish Claudia! And I loved the how-to on how to clean rock shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my favorite rock shrimp. they are so beautiful! I love this pasta, delicious and satisfying. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those rock shrimps look amazing! You have created a gourmet dish. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rock shrimp - that's new to me. :) Wow - videos as well. That's a lot of work. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Claudia,

    How delicious in its simplicity. I'm going to have to make this and it's Friday too -- my mom's tradition was always fish (even shellfish) on Friday.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to have to make this... soon....very soon. Shrimp and pasta need little encouragement - they are such a good match.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a delicious pasta with that wonderful wine sauce! And I love all your videos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had rock shrimp over Christmas at a friend's here in Colorado. I think they got it at Costco and it was a real treat. Love your serving dish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this looks sooo great. Don't think I will be able to find rock shrimp in the shops around here, though :-(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aglio E Olio is one of my favorite pasta dish, I ever made exactly like this before but I use spaghetti pasta and regular shrimp

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm, aglio e olio is always such a winner! And throw in rock shrimp... fantastic! Glorious dish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bookmarking this to try later--I'm a sucker for any pasta recipe containing anchovies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great video, absolutely amazing recipe and photos!!! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The advantage of regular utilization of juices is total, as after some time the supplements modify the tissues of the body. Vape Juice

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use the search option for a recipe you're looking for and thanks for all your kind words and support. We love our readers all the best Claudia