Thursday, February 9, 2012

Italian Baked Herb Butter Parmesan Chicken



3 pounds chicken parts or bone-in breast halves
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs store bought or homemade
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme, crumbled
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tablespoon cold butter, cut in small pieces

Remove skin from the chicken. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes, garlic, rosemary, salt, oregano, thyme, and pepper. Dip chicken in melted butter then coat with crumb mixture. Arrange chicken in a single layer, not touching, in a greased shallow baking dish. Dot with butter. Bake at 350° for about 1 hour or until chicken is tender and nicely browned.

Alternate Method:

Boil chicken for 30 minutes, leaving skin on, you can use broth to make soup.
Grill chicken with skin on.  Mix butter and herb together to baste the chicken with while cooking, omit bread crumbs. Grill until juices run clear when piercing with a fork.

17 comments:

The Mom Chef said...

Wow, I can't believe you got the chicken that crispy without the skin on. It looks absolutely gorgeous.

drick perry said...

love the flavors here, and I do love buttered baked chicken
hope you are having a great week, take care...

Lizzy said...

This would go over well at my house! Delicious chicken!

Greg said...

Crispy baked chicken, I'm in. Butter should keep it moist. Good combination of spices. This sounds like a winner to me.

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Great recipe! My son is a picky eater but loves baked chicken. I know he'll like this.

Tina said...

I am so surprized that this is baked, it looks so crispy-yum! Also, all that italian seasoning must taste amazing. I am thinking that the aroma while baking is enough to make you believe you are starving! Wonderful dish, Claudia!

Shia said...

This looks soooo yummy!!

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, I bet this was delicious!! I just love this recipe. Blessings my dear, Catherine xo

Norma Chang said...

Delicious chicken recipe.Love how you also give alternate cooking method.

Reeni said...

That looks outrageously delicious! Made my tummy growl. Loudly.

Alida said...

What a nice recipe. I have never seen this one before. Looks delicious.

Claudia said...

That's a beauty and a keeper. We are back in the deep-freeze and this woulds warm hearts and home.

anthony stemke said...

Something about baked chicken that always appeals to me.
Just bought 4 split breasts for 99 cents a pound, am making this tomorrow, you really got me.
Thanks.

Maya said...

Yummy-looking crispy Chicken and with cheese! I love this!

alana said...

Oh I have got to try this!

Kiri W. said...

I adore herb butter on steak, but a baked crispy chicken recipe sounds intriguing, too!

Melynda said...

Claudia, this looks delicious! Can't wait to try it, thanks.