Friday, February 17, 2012

Cube Steaks with Peppers and Sauce

Easy, quick and delicious meal!



4 to 6 cube steaks
1 large 28 ounce can tomato sauce
3 large bell peppers cleaned and sliced lengthwise
1/4 cup white wine
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, parsley, oregano, black pepper and sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

In a large dutch oven, add 2 tablespoons olive oil in the pan, add sliced peppers, minced garlic and saute for about two minutes. Cook on low until peppers and meat are tender around 35 minutes. Serve with rice, noodles or over thick Italian crusty bread.
Add the cube steaks, spices, cook on low until browned.  Add the tomato sauce and wine.

13 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

This is so delicious. Would be great to go with some pasta for the lunch.

Greg said...

I haven't had cube steak in years. The sauce in this sounds amazing.

Lenia said...

Easy and yummy!Have a great weekend,dear!

Claudia said...

What a delicious blast from my past. My mother used to make that all the time. Thanks for gentle and luscious nudge.

Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

I was going to say the same thing as Claudia...LOVE this!

Spicie Foodie said...

This looks really good Claudia. I would love some with a bowl of white rice, yum. Have a great weekend.

Alida said...

Yummy. Great dish and very tasty. I love peppers sauce. Have a great weekend. Ciao!

Becky said...

This is a great dish, and my Mom used to make a similar dish. Yours looks so delicious.

Catherine said...

Hi Claudia, How nice to have a nice big hero of this with melted mozzarella cheese, so good!
I hope you have a beautiful weekend. Blessings my friend, Catherine xoxo

Reeni said...

These must get so tender cooked in sauce with those sweet, delectable peppers!

Tina said...

Yes, I now have two recipes for cube steak, but I think I will be tossing the old one. Yours here looks so full of flavor and my other recipe is quite bland. Tomato sauce is always welcome-especially on this cut of meat. Well done Claudia!

Kiri W. said...

Looks so creamy and delicious!

Cucina49 said...

That looks delicious--and so easy! I can't believe that I don't use cube steak more often.