Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Crockpot Berry Cobbler Recipe


Comfort desserts at it's finest when you need them, fast and easy in the crockpot and it stays warm~! Another recipe for the busy cook!
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar ( divided in half)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
pinch of allspice
pinch of ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 cups assorted berries such as blueberries fresh, raspberries, blackberries or a combo (or use drained canned berries you can also use any fruit, I have done this with cherries also!)
1/4 cup water

In a bowl, combine flour, half of the divided sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
In another bowl, combine eggs, milk and oil. Stir this into the dry mixture until moistened. Grease the crock pot with cooking spray or butter and spread the batter evenly on the bottom.

In a small saucepan, combine blueberries, water and the other half of the divided sugar, bring to a boil and remove from heat. Pour mixture into the crockpot and cook on HIGH for 2 hours, then turn off crock pot, uncover and let set for 30 minutes before serving. It will still be very warm after 30 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

17 comments:

Federica said...

What beautiful and delicious desserts. I love all berries ^_^ Bye, have a great day

Lenia said...

Yummy dessert!Wanna lick the screen!Kisses,dear!

Su said...

I don't have a crock pot, but this dessert sounds so, soooo wonderfull that I must try it anyway :D

Tina said...

Delicious berry dessert here. I am surprised that it can be made in the crockpot, sure am glad I have one! I will need to try this delicious indulgence very soon. Enjoy the day Claudia!

Greg said...

I love berry desserts and this looks yummy! I never would have thought to make it in a slow cooker. Once again you cooking genius shows.

Lizzy said...

Oh, this looks magnificent, Claudia! Berry cobbler has to rank high among my favorite desserts :)

Alida said...

A mouthwatering dessert. Brava! Complimenti!

Christine's Pantry said...

Great dessert... love it.

Vicki Bensinger said...

I never thought of making a cobbler in a crock pot. What a great idea. This looks delicious and best of all it stays warm until its all gone.

Amalia said...

This looks sooo delicious! That warm berry cobbler over that creamy cold vanilla ice cream...I'm totally drooling right now! And it's a crockpot dessert, so awesome! Hope you have a lovely day!

Claudia said...

This is so clever - gives you time to do other things, be with guests and still have a scrumptious berry dessert waiting for you.

Reeni said...

I have yet to make a dessert in my crockpot - this is delectable and inspiring!

Becky said...

Claudia,
This cobbler looks so good! I like that you can vary the berries, and it's made in a crock pot!

Kiri W. said...

Hot damn, I need to get myself a crockpot! This looks fantastic, I adore berry cobblers :)

ping said...

Oh Yummm! And made in a crockpot even! This is so great! I love my crockpot to bits, saves me so much hassle ... just being lazy, really :)
I've really gotta try this one. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I adore cobblers and never made one in a crock pot before. I haven't made one is so long and need to try this version:)

Cucina49 said...

I've never made dessert in my slow cooker before, but what a perfect time saver for a dinner party. This looks great!