Monday, January 9, 2012

Tagliatelle, Peas and Prosciutto Pasta



3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves of minced garlic
3 lb. beans or peas, cooked
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
1 cup chicken stock
1 lb. fresh tagliatelle (click here for homemade recipe) old fashioned egg noodles
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
Grated zest of 1 large lemon
1/4 lb. thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into narrow strips
Large handful of fresh basil leaves, shredded
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese

In a large fry pan over medium heat, melt the butter with the olive oil. Add the garlic, do not brown.  Add the beans, salt, pepper and nutmeg and sauté for 1 minute. Add the stock and simmer until the beans get some flavors into them around 5 minutes. Meanwhile, bring a large pot two-thirds full of water to a boil over high heat. Generously salt the water, add the pasta and cook until tender, 1 to 3 minutes.

Remove the fry pan from the heat and add the mascarpone and lemon zest, stirring until the cheese is melted. (High heat can make mascarpone separate.)

Drain the pasta and transfer to a warmed large, shallow bowl. Add the beans mixture and toss briefly. Add the prosciutto, basil and some of the Parmigiano-Reggiano and toss to combine. Garnish is optional using red pepper flakes and more grating cheese.

14 comments:

Federica said...

I like very much pasta with peas. What a great idea your creamy mascarpone sauce for seasoning. Thanks for suggestion :) Bye, have a great week

Tina said...

Creamy pasta is something I find hard to resist and I really do need to put my pasta maker to work.
Recipes that just have a light addition of peas or veggies really let the true flavor of the pasta and cream shine through, just the way I like it-yum!

Lenia said...

Absolutely yummy!Happy new year,dear Claudia!Kisses from Greece!

My Inner Chick said...

--All I can say is:

This looks DELISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOW

Mary said...

This is one of my favorite pastas and your version looks other-worldly good. I've bookmarked this to try. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Lizzy Do said...

Oh, this is a family favorite! We don't add lemon, but that sounds like a yummy option!

Greg said...

This sounds awesome. The peas and prosciutto what a classic combination. The mascarpone sauce sounds delicious.

Elisabetta said...

they looks sooooo good!

Catherine said...

Oh My Dear Claudia! I have been thinking about peas and macaroni for days!! Here it is! I just loved when my mom made this. It is the essence of simplicity and great flavor all in one. Blessings my dear friend. Catherine xo

Claudia said...

This has got be one of my top ten favorite dishes - it just blends so beautifully together. I am thinking how to make it a wee bit lighter - but oh man - cannot give up beloved mascarpone!

Reeni said...

Love this with the mascarpone! Such a delicious combo of salty, savory and sweet!

Leslie said...

This is the perfect comfort food combo for me!

Curt said...

Sounds and looks very tasty. The peas add a nice freshness to it.

Aggie said...

I'm such a lover of peas in my pasta! This looks so delicious!!