Saturday, January 7, 2012

Crockpot Italian Sausage, Pepper and Egg Breakfast



Crockpot Italian Sausage and Egg Breakfast

18 eggs beaten with 4 tablespoon milk or cream
1 to 1- 1/2 pounds cooked and crumbled Italian homemade sausage or store bought sausage,( you can also use prosciutto, capicola, pepperoni or a combination of them  all, for meat lovers!)
2 1/2 cups shredded blends of Italian cheese (provolone, mozzarella, romano etc)
3 finely minced garlic cloves
4  pepperoncini Italian bottled peppers chopped or 1 green bell pepper, diced
 grating cheese, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper to taste ( I just eye ball it!) spinkle around 1 teaspoon each
optional : 2 cups baby bella mushrooms (or you can add any other vegetable you like see for greens below)
If you would like to use greens such as spinach or escarole you will need to par boil them first and squeeze all the water out completely before adding.
Spray crock pot with cooking oil or line with plastic cooking liners ( you can buy them at any grocery stores). Starting with meats, layer meat, mushrooms, peppers, and cheese, or other vegetables, repeating the layering process until all ingredients are used and ending with a layer of cheese. Beat eggs with spices, pour over mixture in oil sprayed crock pot. Cover and cook on lowest setting for 7 to 8 hours at night before going to bed. Breakfast is served, don't forget some Italian bread toasted!  Buon Appetito!

17 comments:

Ann said...

I have never heard of eggs in the crock pot....a clever way to feed a crowd in the morning!

Federica said...

What a rich breakfast dear! Bye, have a great we

Big Dude said...

This sounds like a delicious and easy way to feed a crowd.

Rosemary said...

What a wonderful idea! I'm growing tired of breakfast stratas. This is a perfect solution!

Lizzy Do said...

I never knew you could make eggs in a crockpot...great make ahead idea for company (especially if they're getting up early to hit the road!).

Tina said...

I will keep this one for brunch when a crowd arrives. Also I will pass it along to the non-hostess in the family that loathes cooking. It is easy and it serves a lot of people and we will not be starving when she says the kitchen is closed. Have a great day Claudia

drick perry said...

holy moly - an omelet that cooks all night... what will you think of next...
great idea and wonderful flavors

Mary said...

What a great way to feed a gang in the morning. This recipe is new to meandI really like it. It will be put to good use here. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Greg said...

Do you know any army's I can invite over so I can try this? The recipe sounds fantastic.

Magic of Spice said...

Wow this is some creative breakfast dish...nice :)

Elisabeth said...

Such a great breakfast idea! I could actually eat a nice and filling breakfast. Love the recipe! Yumm!

Curt said...

Very tasty looking. All the right stuff!

Kiri W. said...

This looks both delicious and super easy... I do need to get me a crock pot...

Mama F said...

I will have to try this the next time we have the in - laws in town. I host a Slow Cooker Sunday link up - I would love for you to stop by and join in! Hope you are having a lovely Sunday!

http://doggieatthedinnertable.blogspot.com/2012/01/slow-cooker-sundays-black-eyed-peas-and.html

Christine's Pantry said...

Great idea! I also have never heard of eggs in the crock pot, this is clever.

Claudia said...

I love this breakfast - or it could be lunch... or dinner... or I could have it now as a hearty snack!

Peggy said...

I've never thought of even cooking eggs in the crockpot, but this is such a great idea Claudia!