Monday, January 16, 2012

Chickpea and Sweet Potato Dip Recipe




This is one addicting appetizer... just love the sweetness then the hot bite it has ~

1 medium sweet potatoes or yam cleaned and peeled
1 15 ounce can of chickpeas drained
2 cloves of fresh garlic cleaned
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
dash of cayenne
parsley for garnish
Optional: hot sauce
Microwave potato till soft around 6 minutes. Cool. Scoop out the potatoes and place in the food processor.
Rinse chickpeas, add garlic, salt, and the chickpeas along with oil to food processor to make a smooth consistency. Place in a bowl, drizzle with more olive oil and hot sauce if using.
Delicious served with toasted pita bread, crackers, or fresh cut vegetables.

20 comments:

Federica said...

I've never tasted sweet potatoes. I'm intrigued by this combination with chickpeas. Your deep looks very tasty. Bye, have a great week

Ann said...

Oh, MY! This looks amazing! I love hummus and the addition of the sweet potato is brilliant!

Greg said...

This seems like a great alternative to hummus. I never have tahini on hand, but always have potatoes.

Rosemary said...

Very creative, Claudia! Sweet potatoes and chickpeas! Nice combination!

whozyerdanny said...

This is a definite must try !!!

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, This is something I would enjoy! It is a delicious and healthy snack, a perfect combo. Blessings for a beautiful day, Catherine xoxo

redkathy said...

Fabulous combo Claudia! Great shot too **hugs**

Emily Malloy said...

The combination of flavors is to die for, Claudia!

Trish said...

I can think of so many reasons to try this dip! I love the idea of adding sweet potatoes. thanks!!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts said...

I love that there is sweet potato in this! What a great dip!

Culinary Collage said...

I love hummus and sweet potatoes and never thought to put them together. Great idea!

Liam said...

This sounds strange and somehow delicious! I must try it out!

Kiri W. said...

Mmmm, sounds fantastic! I love chickpea dips and have never seen them combined with sweet potatoes. Very cool!

Reeni said...

So unique and delicious sounding! I loves it!

Elisabeth said...

Sweet potato and chick peas? Oh, my! just love the combination of the 2 most favorites!
Thanks for sharing you ever so yummy recipe, Claudia!
xoxo

Maggie said...

Wow! I love anything with sweet potatoes! This is a healthy dip that I think my daughter would LOVE. I'm pinning this one!

Tina said...

I really need to try this, the blend of flavors and the picture has me sold. Very creative and delicious Claudia!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

This sounds awesome! I so have to try this!

Roxana GreenGirl {A little bit of everything} said...

chickpeas and sweet potatoes?!? WOW I gotta try this combo! Thanks Claudia!

Magic of Spice said...

Fantastic combination, and very creative dip :)