Thursday, January 5, 2012

Best Soup Recipes


I just love this time of year when we get all the favorite comfort foods cookin'. Healthy soups to warm you up will  also keep your weight down as this is the time we seem to add to our pounds. I always notice when it's cold out side my body cries and wants more to eat than usual. I can really work up an appetite. Months down the road those pounds just appear out of nowhere! You will have to go through some of these to see the lower fat soups!
We then scramble trying to get our winter weight off just before summer... Well here is a list of heart healthy soups and then some heavier ones to keep you warmer throughout the cold season, had to add the ones for non dieters too! Just remember to not add meats and heavy cheeses if your on a diet like me!   Substitute low fat or fat free ingredients in the recipes and modify! They still taste great!  Something for everyone~
 Soup's ON!!!!!  Buon Appetito!  All recipes will be found by clicking the title names~

Italian Seafood Chowder (see below list for links to more recipe)

Italian Vegetable Soup Recipe

Ham, Bean and Cabbage Soup

 Italian Baked Potato Soup Recipe


Broccoli Rabe and Pasta Ceci Soup Recipe

Split Pea Soup Recipe

Tip and Perfect  Recipe For Chicken Broth

Wagon Wheel Sausage Broccoli Rabe Soup


Tortellini Wedding Soup

 Quick Taco Soup Recipe

Chicken Leg Soup Recipe

Seashell Shrimp Soup Recipe

Not what you were looking for? Try some of these links to recipes below:

Roasted Garlic Potato Soup
Italian Style Broccoli Soup
Turkey Crockpot Soup
Grandma's Lentil Soup
Asparagus Garlic Butter Soup
Pasta Fazool
Italian Seafood Chowder
Sweet Potato Soup
Meatball Escarole Soup
Grandma's Plain Depression Bean Soup
Tuscan Bean Soup
Italian Tomato Soup
Making Fresh Beans in the Crockpot for Soups

24 comments:

Federica said...

Soups are one of the few things that make me enjoy the winter, so warm and comfortable. Excellent suggestions :) Bye, have a good day

Roxana GreenGirl {A little bit of everything} said...

As the weather gets colder we're all asking for a bowl of warn soup at lunch time. I'd love to try these soups, to warm up my belly winter long! Delicious round-up Claudia!

Lizzy Do said...

These all look incredible, Claudia!!! Great post for this stretch of COLD weather!

Greg said...

With the cold weather we have been having I have been craving soups. Thanks for all of the good recipes.

Greg said...

With the cold weather we have been having I have been craving soups. Thanks for all of the good recipes.

Tina said...

I have definitely made a note of this post, I will be making a lot of soup when my husband has surgery. Love the big variety here and I am sure my hubby will to-yum!

Curt said...

I wouldn't know where to start. i would have to start at the end if I had to pick one. The seashell shrimp soup!

drick perry said...

Wow, what a great lineup - I could eat a different soup everyday and not ever get bored... you really got some of my favorite tastes in this mix

Claudia said...

I haven't chosen yet but one of your bean soups will be simmering on the stove tomorrow! Soup and I are in love.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I love soup!! Reading thru your list was a delicious experience. There's SO many I want to try there!!! Bookmarking this post as my go to soup source :)

Mari @ Mari's Cakes said...

Great, great, great! They all look delicious. I love the Italian seafood chowder!

Have a nice day :)

Cookin' Canuck said...

They all look good, Claudia. I think I'd start with a bowl of that shrimp soup.

ARLENE said...

Wow! that will get us through this winter. Great looking soups.

Reeni said...

You got me right in my soup loving heart! I could go for any and all of these!

Vicki Bensinger said...

OMG what a great list of soups. Each photo looks so inviting. I could have soup everyday during the winter months. I like the sound and looks of all of them, I'm not sure which one to try first. What would you recommend?

anthony stemke said...

What a fabulous post, Thank You Peg.
I'm going to make the baked potato soup soon.
The compilation herein is long and varied, well done.

Kiri W. said...

All look great, but I think that seafood chowder has me most tempted :)

Just for Cooking said...

All of those soups look wonderful!

bananamondaes said...

That seafood chowder looks incredible!!! Off to look at the recipe now.

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, These soups all look so inviting with this cold weather here in NY. They all look delicious!! Blessings, Catherine xo

janet@fromcupcakestocaviar said...

I'll take one bowl of each please :-)

Cucina49 said...

I've never used tortellini in my wedding soup, but I think that's a great addition--might have to borrow that idea.

Magic of Spice said...

These are some beautiful and comforting soups!

Lynn @ I'll Have What She's Having said...

Great list! I love how comforting a nice bowl of soup can be on a cold day.