Friday, January 20, 2012

Baked Stuffed Figs with Goat Cheese and Pecans Recipe


I was so skeptical to try these, mom use to make them years ago. Such a simple appetizer and I never tired them. I was missing out these are addicting and much better than I ever dreamed. What ever took me so long is beyond me...  If you love figs and goat cheese, this will be a winner for you too!
I can't wait to try this with fresh figs!



 12 Dried or Fresh Figs
 (Fresh is best Black mission figs or Brown Turkish) Shown are Dried Kalamatta
  from Greece
 8 ounces Soft Goat cheese or Gorgonzola at room temperature
 Chopped pecans
 High quality Balsamic vinegar
 seasalt

Heat oven to 350 degree

Slice the figs in half lengthwise in half exposing the fig seeds, removing the stem and place on some parchment paper on a cookie sheet or use a ceramic style dish, lightly oil sprayed. Press down in the middle of each fig. Drizzle some balsamic vinegar, just a few drops each and a small grind of sea salt on top.

Fill each fig with  soft goat cheese and chopped pecans. Bake for 7 minutes at 350 degree oven or until the cheese is hot and bubbly! Serve with your favorite wine and crackers.



                 
Post a Comment