Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Baked Cabbage Recipe



Not a very pretty dish to look at but a creamy cabbage with great taste a great side dish.
This one goes very well with kielbasa, pork or ham.  We like this on cooler days!

Someone in the house was thinking he was slick hiding from me tonight while I was cooking.
 I was checking all over the house and then little Fonzo was peeping out at me,
he was so cute I had to share him! He was inside my new laptop computer box!
 Trying to help me post this one (smile) and yes he inspired me! More handsome than the cabbage for sure!
                                           Fonzo you can run but you can also hide pretty well too!

Baked Cabbage:

1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
1 teaspoon salt
1 inch water in large pan
2 tablespoons butter
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup sour cream
Salt and white pepper to taste
Hungarian sweet paprika
1/2 cup crushed buttery cracker crumbs
Boil shredded cabbage in salted water, covered, for 5 to 10 minute. Drain all the water out.  Add butter to cabbage and mix together.  Add vinegar, sugar, sour cream, white pepper and salt, oregano and garlic,  toss again. Place in a 1-1/2 quart buttered casserole, top with cracker crumbs and garnish with paprika.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until hot.
Post a Comment