Sunday, January 1, 2012

Baked Brie with Triple Berry Pecan and More Appetizers



Your Guests will love this creamy Brie with crackers, it a pefect quick appetizer anytime!  I just love all kinds of appetizers, scroll down for more appetizer links to help bring in that New Year Eve Party with some great little bites... Happy 2012 to all my readers, may it be the best to come year ever! 

 I want to thank you all for joining me this year @What's Cookin Italian Cuisine.
Have a safe evening~


Brie, a soft-ripened cow's cheese from France, is delicious served warm.

Shape a few layers of aluminum foil into a shallow makeshift pan around the cheese. Crimp the foil at the edges, leaving the top of the Brie exposed.
I topped mine with preserves and pecans. You can use any variety of jams.

 Blackberry, blueberry and red raspberry are my favorites  this is a combination of all three. I also used some fresh red raspsberry on top of the jam, added some pecans, (any nuts will do)

 Place the Brie on a baking sheet and bake it for 15 to 20 minutes in a 350°F oven until the cheese begins to melt.  Serve with crackers or pita wedges.

The Brie heated spreads so easy and this one tastes delicious with the berries..

Here are some more wonderful appetizer recipes to try:



 HAVE A HAPPY  HEALTHY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2012!!!!

23 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

That looks gorgeous! Love all those summer berries toppings.
Happy 2012!

alison said...

a happy new year,claudia!:)

Tina said...

I have always wanted to try something like this and this is a delicious reminder to move it up on my "to do" list. I like the flavor topping you chose for the brie-yum!
Happy New Year!

Lizzy Do said...

Oh, I love baked brie!!! Happy New Year, my friend!!! I'm blessed to know you~

Elisabeth said...

Happy New Year in health, and prosperity!
Lovely Brie appetizer...very festive!
Great line-up of dishes, as well!

Becky said...

I love the toppings that you chose for the baked Brie. I serve tis appetizer often ,because it's easy, and tastes so good!

Happy 2012!

Curt said...

A great start for the new year! And happy new year to you and your family Claudia!

I appreciate your friendliness and support in 2011. It does not go unnoticed!

Greg said...

An old favorite, but I have never had it with nuts. THe nuts and fruit make it look much more gorgeous. Hope you and your family have a good new year.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh pretty lady, this appetizers sound great and the brie one, well, too yummy! Thank you so very much for all the fabulous italian recipes you've shared the past 2011 as I adore italian food! Wishing you the very best for this New Year 2012, sweet lady.
FABBY

Beth said...

What a gorgeous brie!

Jackie said...

This looks wonderful. I love the presentation. Our family loves cheese. I will have to try this one night we are all just hanging out watching a movie.
Hope you have a Happy New Year!

(Lady Gourmet) Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, Sounds wonderful. Something that I have never tried.
Wishing you lots of happiness and love and many blessings for the New Year. Catherine xo

Claudia said...

I love berry-topped brie - so much I don't always share. The pecans just gave it that meaty crunch. Now you have me obsessing about doing it with the last of my cranberries which I can assure you is a very good thing. And a great way to bring in the new.

Blackswan said...

Claudia, really a pleasure connecting with u & here's wishing u all the best in 2012!

Lucia from Madison said...

Wow that looks wonderful.
Happy New Year!

Stephanie said...

I love Brie, I think I could make a meal out of it! This looks so yummy!

Tiffany said...

What a great baked brie recipe! And Happy New Year Claudia!

Dara said...

Gorgeous recipe! I love using berries. Congrats on Top 9.

Jess said...

Great recipe! Thanks for sharing and congrats on Top 9. :)

Cucina49 said...

Happy new year to you as well! Love the addition of the fruit and pecans--plain baked brie needs those pick-me-ups.

Kiri W. said...

I looove baked brie, and your toppings sound wonderful! I gorged on so much brie in Germany :) Yum!

janet@fromcupcakestocaviar said...

This looks delicious, Claudia! I will take any excuse I can get to eat Brie and this sounds like a great reason to me :-D

Magic of Spice said...

I love, love baked brie and your flavors here are fantastic!
Happy 2012 :)