Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Oreo Chocolate Creme Cookie Truffles


8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
1 whole package of chocolate creme filled oreo cookies put through food processor producing fine crumbs
 optional: 4 ounces white or semisweet chocolate, melted or roll into various suggestions below

 Place the cookies in a food processor and pulse until they are fine crumbs. Whip the cream cheese with flat beater in an electric mixer bowl until light and  add the crumbs pulse again until a sticky dough forms.  Place them in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours. Roll into balls and then into your favorite toppings.
Use your hands to form the dough into 1″ round balls and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment.  Suggestions: Dip into melted chocolate, white, milk etc,  or just roll them into powdered sugar, chocolate cocoa powder, chopped walnuts,  toffee chips, mini chocolate chips, coconut,  chopped cherries or crushed cookies crumbs, sprinkles or colored sugars.  Store in the refrigerator.
Anyone that loves no bake cookies will love these cookie truffles.

13 comments:

Belinda @zomppa said...

Aw, shucks. Is this for me? Happy holidays!

Federica said...

It's a wonderful and greedy idea for Christmas gifts. Bye, have a great day

Lizzy said...

Love these! So festive

Tina said...

This is a very smart and delicious post. While everyone is dipping their truffles in chocolate, Claudia is at home getting more flavor into hers with a coating of choc chips, nuts and cookie crumbs! Well done and have a Merry Christmas my sweet friend!

Curt said...

Oh my, this sounds delicious. I have a real weakness for Oreos!

FOODESSA said...

Oh...how sweet these confections are...are well as whetting my appetite for your last post on Amaretto fudge ;) A must do!

...Dear Claudia
Just briefly passing by to wish you and your loved ones the finest of Holiday seasons.
I'm very much looking forward to hopefully soon joining my Foodies again ;o) Until then, all the very best towards a desirable New Year.

Flavourful wishes,
Claudia

Vicki Bensinger said...

OMG what's not to love about these. I'd be popping these like crazy and so simple to make, which is all the better. Your truffles are all so pretty and great ideas to roll them in.

I won't have time to make these before the holidays but have a feeling these could take the place of chocolate chip cookies in my house.

Thanks for sharing

I hope you and your family have a happy, healthy holiday and a prosperous new year!

Reeni said...

So scrumptious! Love how you decorated them!

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, This season is slipping by me much too quickly. I am sorry that I have not been able to keep up with my blogging. I have missed many delicious posts that you have made.
I just wanted to wish you the most blessed Christmas. You are a wonderful friend that I have made in this blogging adventure. Thank you for your kindness. Catherine xox

Brooks at Cakewalker said...

Claudia, I would have a hard time getting these beautiful cookies and truffles packaged into tins. I'd devour them long beforehand! A lovely presentation for your recipients. Happy holidays to you & yours!

Debbi said...

I've made these before - but yours look better! Love the coating options. Yummy!

Cucina49 said...

Wow...just...wow. I'll take mine with toffee, please!

Kiri W. said...

Mmmm, I am such a sucker for truffles! This sounds delicious - very nicely done!