Saturday, December 10, 2011

Nutella Rugelach with Hazelnuts Recipe a Holiday Favorite Cookie


We love Nutella here in our home, my son adores it by the spoonfuls. I have used this for filling many pastries such as thumbprint cookies, filling for cupcakes but I just found our newest favorite cookie for anytime, but especially one for the holiday and gift giving... this one was a huge hit. We have enough jam filled recipes, peanut butter, we never have enough Nutella favorites! Hope this will be your newest favorite too!

Dough
1/2 lb. butter (2 sticks)
1/2 lb. cream cheese (8 oz)
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1- 1/2 cups flour

Mix all together using a heavy duty mixer or by hand kneading the dough until well blended with all the above ingredients. Chill  dough wrapped in plastic or wax paper overnight. Remove from the refrigerator a 1/2 hour before rolling.

Filling:
      1 jar Nutella
      1 or more cups of chopped hazelnuts



  Roll out to 3/8 inch thickness on a floured board. Spread with a light layer of nutella and sprinkle evenly with chopped hazelnuts.


 Roll in jellyroll fashion and cut into slices 1/4 inch wide. Put on cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper.
 ( Optionial: brush with beaten egg yolk and sprinkle with fine sugar).
Bake in 350 degree oven on a middle rack,  10 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and loosen with knife immediately place on a wire rack to cool on. Watch carefully not to burn.
I like to spinkle them with a little powdered sugar just for presentation.

These are by far our newest favorite cookie! Happy Holidays Enjoy!

25 comments:

Belinda @zomppa said...

Might be just what I need this weekend!

Angie's Recipes said...

Anything with nutella would be gone very fast in our house!

Blackswan said...

I'm sure this is gonna be my fave cookie too, Claudia! Do chk out what I've made too: Baked Rice, I'll be home for Christmas. Happy Holidays!

Priyanka said...

Wow...thats lovely

Federica said...

Absolutely amazing dear. I'm mouth-watering! Have a great we, bye

Lizzy said...

Oh, these must taste amazing!!! You are baking up a storm :)

Christine's Pantry said...

I also like spoonfuls of Nutella and peanut butter. Love it. Great recipe.

Reeni said...

How delectable! We are Nutella lovers here too!

Kim Bee said...

Claudia this looks fantastic. I just recently discovered Nutella. Had no idea what I was missing.

Ann said...

FUN idea! My husband is all about Nutella!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

All I had to know is that there is Nutella involved in these and I am sold! They look delish!

Ruth Reynoso-Sance said...

What a great recipe! I love nutella! I'm keeping this recipe :-)

momdecuisine.net said...

We love nutella too, and I agree, there is no such thing as enough nutella recipes! These look great!

Greg said...

Nutella cookies...I'm in. These look marvelous, simply marvelous.

Peggy said...

These rugelach look fantastic! Definitely can't have enough Nutella recipes =)

Kiri W. said...

Ooooh, I adore rugelach, but with nutella? Heaven!

Angela said...

Those look amazing!

Curt said...

What an awesome cookie. So full of sweet flavors.

Amalia said...

You can never go wrong with nutella! These look like little bites of heaven :) Delicious!

Tina said...

I really do love the look of these-the swirls of nutella really does entice. This is a great way to use nutella! I hardly ever see cookies made with it, so this is definitely a welcome sight-thanks for sharing.

anthony stemke said...

Smashing good recipe sure to please everyone here.
Thank You.

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, Wonderful cookie. I understand why it is a favorite. Blessings, Catherine xo

Cucina49 said...

I have had a lot of rugelach, but never with nutella--what a great idea!

Kelsey said...

I love Rugelach! I just had it for the first time last year.

Adele Forbes said...

Claudia, what a winner you have here! My daughter and her family love Nutella and I posted a link to her for this recipe. I love it because of the simplicity. Thanks so much much for sharing and it is a pleasure to be apart of YBR along with you!