Friday, December 30, 2011

Mediterranean Marinade for Lamb Recipe and My Family





 I am so blessed to have a close and loving family, our Christmas was wonderful, despite the economy and tough times, we have each other, that's what's important to us. The season was quite tiring for all of us, we all work somewhere in retail. Lucky for us we were all off this Christmas Day and shared making some new and wonderful memories.  One of my highlights this year working in retail was to be able to actually be part of the wonderful spirit some folks had to pay off layaways. I loved that idea so much I had to do it myself, I felt more than the rewards of just watching it happen when I did this gesture myself personally.  The expressions on peoples faces when I called them to tell them to pick up their merchandise and someone had been a secret Santa, just touched my heart so much.  So I  decided, I had to do this somewhere too.
 A customer in a local retailer didn't have enough money with her to buy what her daughter wanted. After she left,  I paid it off.  I can't tell you how good it felt. It is now added to my traditions every year, I am so happy that I made someones Christmas a little brighter this year!



Mediterranean Marinade
1/3 cup olive oil
2 lemons seeded and juiced around 1/2 cup ( if you don't have lemons use white wine which we use all the time for the leg especially)
1/2 cup fresh oregano chopped or 1/4 cup dried oregano  
6 garlic cloves (chopped)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon  freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped or 2 tablespoon dried
2 tablespoon fresh mint or 1 tablespoon dried
4 pounds leg of lamb or chops

Place the marinade in a big enough container to hold the lamb. Marinate for 4 hours or overnight before cooking.
Grill, bake or fry.
Bake the whole leg on a slow  low heat in half the juices on 250 degrees for around 1/2 hour per pound.


A very Merry bunch and more than a few good men!
( Nephew Matthew, brother John, husband Nemo, son Curt, nephew Devin and son Chad on the end)
All with hearty appetites~ my handsome bunch! Who can resist such merry men?


My son Chad's favorite!  He learned how to cook it this year and helped me too!

We hope you had a wonderful Holiday season and we all wish you a very
Happy Healthy Prosperous 2012 !
                                       @What's Cookin Italian Style Cuisine.....  Buon Appettito

Post a Comment