Friday, December 9, 2011

Irish Creme Holiday Balls


Of course these are the same recipe as the traditional style rum balls which is still an old time favorite..  these are a great addition for a change.. also try Kahlua~
Irish Creme Balls

1 package vanilla wafers
3/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4-1/2 cups Irish Creme (click here for an Irish Homemade Cream Recipe!)
3 Tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2-1 cup crushed hazelnuts

 Crush wafers and hazelnuts in food processor (or in a bag using a rolling pin till fine). Add sugar and cocoa; mix well.
Blend in corn syrup and Irish cream. Cover and chill dough for an hour or overnight.
 Cover hands in powdered sugar and roll into 1-inch balls.
Store in air-tight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days or make ahead and freeze them.
 Roll in powdered sugar or sprinkles before serving.
Somehow I think these two got into the liqueur cabinet!
Happy Holidays from Fonzo and Trina~

21 comments:

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

I have never made rum balls before but these sound even better. Cheers!

Federica said...

These bonbons are a superb idea for Christmas home made gifts. Quick to prepare and mouth-watering :) I note the recipe, thanks. Have a great we, bye

Kelsey said...

those are some lolcats waiting to happen!

Greg said...

I didn't see these when I was in Ireland or I would have had to stay longer. They sound fantastic.

Tina said...

Your cats are so adorable!
After that last use of Irish cream in baking I am getting kind of low. Will need to get some soon if I want to be able to enjoy these goodies. i am with Jersey Girl-these do sound more tasty than the traditional rum balls-yum! Have a great day.

Belinda @zomppa said...

I would get drunk off of these!

Lenia said...

Great treat!Your cats are so cute!!!xxx

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, These are wonderful and sound easy to prepare. Have a blessed day my friend, Catherine xo

Claudia said...

I want come over and indulge at your home. There's always something amazing and these are such tasty presents - all wrapped up with some devilish Irish Cream.
P.S. There's no way I could get a hat on Pippin! The photo made me smile.

Curt said...

Yep, Fonzo and Trina are looking a bit suspicious. I think they would get along with my Rocky and Fido!

Reeni said...

Irresistible treats Claudia! And your cats are so cute! They definitely look like they were up to something.

Kiri W. said...

Ooooh, if I were to make these with Kahlua, they would never survive to the holidays with me and my wife around! Looks amazing!

the food dude said...

These Irish Creme balls look delicious! And Fonzo and Trina, cool cats!

Lizzy said...

Another winner, Claudia!!! YUM.

Celeste said...

Delicious recipe and lovely cats.

Mother Rimmy said...

I love the cats! I have two at my house almost just like that. Frisco and Amelie. I don't think I could get them to put hats on though. I don't have Irish Cream, but I have Bailey's. I wonder if this would work well with that?

Crunchy Creamy Sweet said...

I can see those disappearing in a matter of second! Yumm:)

Amalia said...

These look so delicious! They are perfect to serve at a holiday party! And they're simple, which is my kind of recipe. Haha...your cats do look a little bit tipsy :)

April @ Ape's Eats said...

rum balls have no appeal to me but switching it up for baileys...wow, these would not last long around me :) your cats are adorable! stay sane in the stores this xmas!

Cookin' Canuck said...

Oh my! These sounds beyond-amazing.

German Mama said...

Yum, yum, yum! I love alcohol-flavored chocolate balls!