Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Leftover Crockpot Turkey Cannellini Soup




A hearty soup with lots of flavor. The turkey just accents it more. A blend of pureed vegetables gives this one a comforting bowl of warmth during the cooler season, the family loves this one~

 2 cups or more of leftover turkey cut into chunks
1 pound of fresh cannellini beans or 2 cans drained and rinsed
3 stalks celery with leaves
1 cup finger carrots
1 whole beefsteak tomato
1 bell pepper cleaned and seeded
4 whole garlic cloves cleaned
1 - 49 ounce can of chicken broth or homemade stock
2 cups cooked ditalini  and drained or your favorite pastine suggestions:  orzo, acni de pepe, rice, broken up linguine

In a 5 quart crockpot add the broth and turkey.


 In the meantime take the carrots, tomato, pepper, garlic and celery and puree in the food processor until small chunks reamin and starts to make a paste.
Add the to broth. Mix in the beans. Cook on low 6 hours or high 4 hours. Add cooked pasta of choice, we like ditalini. Serve with grating cheese and breadsticks.

16 comments:

Parsley Sage said...

Niiice! Way to make me wish I had some leftover Thanksgiving turkey :)

Lizzy said...

Oh, this looks delicious, Claudia!

Greg said...

That looks gorgeous, perfect for a cold and rainy day like today.

Belinda @zomppa said...

Me too! I wish I had some leftover....

Curt said...

That is some delicious looking soup. Cannellini beans is one of my favorites.

Claudia said...

Claudia - you know your way around soup. Everything here is pure goodness.

Tina said...

This does look delicious..while I do not have turkey from Thanksgiving I do have some smoked turkey legs I bought from the grocer! The light broth with the chunks of turkey and beans does look tempting.

Sara - Samurai Pro said...

This is definitely a fantastic Italian style recipe and perfect for this time of the year.

Drick said...

just yesterday made a big ol' pot of white chicken chili, turkey would have been good too - your leftover soup sort of reminded me of it but I know yours was awesome...

Elisabeth said...

Turkey, and cannelini beans...oh my!
Super tasty, and comforting!!!
I feel bad for not making a turkey this year. Will have to make it for Christmas, or sooner.

Dara said...

Yum! Great use for leftovers - cannelini beans are my favorite.

Wilde in the Kitchen said...

Mmm, I might have to go buy some turkey to make this soup! I have no leftovers!!

Kiri W. said...

Oooh, that sounds delicious and healthy! I;m sick as a dog, I have a soup week coming up.

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

I love this soup, Claudia! I love all those big cannellini beans!

momdecuisine.net said...

First, I really love anything from a crock pot. I also really like that you puree the veggies for this soup. We love soup, but big chucks of vegetables detour my kids. I'm going to try this next time I make a soup with lots of veggies. Thanks for sharing!

services in philippines said...

Love the food! You’re amazing. This menu is fantastic, It sure will help everyone who’s looking for a perfect menu like this. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Keep posting!

zonia