Monday, November 14, 2011

Amaretto Garlic Butter Brussel Sprouts



A Holiday favorite of mom's, she was an Amaretto lover and anything with sliced almonds... you can add, pine nuts, or pistaschios, we even tried hazelnut with Frangelico, oh so delicious too!
1/2 pound brussel sprouts cleaned and ends cut off
2 large cloves of sliced garlic
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Amaretto
sea salt
black pepper
Saute in a large fry pan heated oil, garlic and 1 tablespoon butter till garlic is golden. Remove garlic ( set aside in a bowl, big enough for the sprouts) Add sprouts back to the fry pan,  add almonds. Saute till golden on both sides about 15 minutes or to your taste. Add to saved garlic, rest of butter season with sea salt and pepper and Amaretto.

20 comments:

Rosemary said...

Love Brussels sprouts so I know I'd love these . . . the amaretto is a great idea. No wonder it was a favorite of your mother.

Curt said...

Awesome flavoring choices for brussel sprouts.

They look so appetizing!

Mary said...

What wonderful flavors! This would convince anyone to eat Brussels sprouts. I love this preparation. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Tina said...

This is a great way to flavor up brussel sprouts and I have both amaretto as well as frangelico! Very creative, getting these liqueurs to play a savory part in a side dish. Have a great day!

Emily Malloy said...

Oh this takes brussels to a new level of amazing!

You go girl!!

Aarthi said...

YUMMO..This looks awesome..You have made perfectly dear..

Do visit my blog too
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

Cucina49 said...

I have a very similar recipe, but would never have thought to include amaretto. Interesting! I will try this.

Juju_ Get Fit with Juju said...

I love brussel sprouts, and using amaretto is a wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing with us! =]

Spicie Foodie said...

Hi Claudia, How funny I made fresh Brussels Sprouts for the first time today. Usually I use frozen but got lucky and found fresh. Anyways I roasted them with olive oil and almonds. Yours sound so delicious and I'm going to try your recipe for the next batch. They do sound perfect for the holidays.

Vicki Bensinger said...

I'm not a fan of Brussels sprouts but these ingredients sound good enough to make me want to try it.

Ann said...

Amaretto? What a cool idea! Sweet and nutty to go with the brussels sprouts! Very nicely done!

Mother Rimmy said...

Brussel sprouts are a favorite. I would never have thought to add amaretto. Brilliant!

Kiri W. said...

Amaretto on Brussel sprouts? I am more than intrigued :)

anthony stemke said...

I detest brussel sprouts. Please Peg- could I substitute another vegetable?

Peggy said...

Never would have thought to add liquor to Brussels sprouts - great idea!

Ruth @ Spring of a Curiouseed said...

The amaretto sounds great! I'll keep this recipe :)

Cake said...

Great idea! I love Brussels sprouts.

Suzi said...

Wonderful Thanksgiving side, I love brussell sprouts and the garlic makes it. A thanks to your Mom.

Kim Bee said...

Great sprout recipe Claudia. Looks so delicious.

Magic of Spice said...

What an intriguing flavor combination for brussels...sounds delightful!